Music we keep....

Started by Harbinger, February 15, 2009, 16:10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

residentgrey

I can give you the most important collection I have: Nifflas's many sweet tracks. I have a mix of his uncategorized trax with some of the game stuff. I use it when I am reviewing my lists/getting organized/brainstorming. It saved my life honestly.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

bvanoudtshoorn

[steering thread back]

Hmm, the people I listen to a lot from these parts include:
- Louigi Verona (mainly Window in the Sky)
- KrazyKatz
- aGp
- LP
- tvdude
- Psishock

In fact, most of what gets posted up here I'll listen to at least a couple of times. And then it goes on rotation -- because I queue up my entire library most of the time. :D

Harbinger

Bumped, as my playlist has expanded and changed. I found some older downloads on an old CD and brought them back into my rotation, with my newer faves. I forgot how good they were!

My Current Playlist

Cry Alone - Bvan: I find myself whistling this tune throughout the day.
Titanium - psishock: Classic EDM with his sound and sonics
Nullity - psishock: Compressor experiment that entrances the listener
Movement - Hellscion: The most bizarre quote cut up for dancing to! Can't get enough! And i'll never think of the thermostat the same way again!
Docking Maneuvres -  Bvan: Dance music with bending bells, and all in an unusual scale!
Doop - Rakib: Basic beat with tripping reverb
Royal - psishock: Still my favorite of psishock's trance
Ganymedes - Callisto: At times driving, and then pensive. Good thematic composition.
Deep Down Below - Boot-Sector-Viruz: Rhythmic murder, percussive beatdown, samples spray-painted into nonsense (i especially love "Uppercut!" which i thought i heard on TV not too long ago), then an all-out sonic gangbang for a climax, then ending with a reminder of a reprise to the violence on your ears. What's not to love! A favorite of Tassel of Blue!

Child labor - uncloned: intriguing sonic mindmeld that can't be put in the bkgd
Lake Shock No. 1 - Sam_Zen: Unignorable basswork

For this who wish to assist with this bump, check out the first post to familiarize yourself with the intent. :wink:

uncloned

I am honored to ave a piece in your rotation!

Saga Musix

I spoke of Yuki Satellites earlier. This is still my absolutely favourite tune. And I've written a mail to radix some time ago and got the XM module of this beautiful tune! This is 15MB of awesomeness, noone should miss this:
http://modarchive.org/module.php?167157
Who needs VSTis if true beatuy like this can be made with samples? :)

BTW: I even wrote a blog post about this, if anyone's intersted to read random blurb. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"Who needs VSTis if true beatuy like this can be made with samples? :D
and where does those sample beauties coming from? ummm (virtual) synthesizers? :D It all goes back to the roots, if you want total control, you gotta learn to create your sounds. ;) Not to mention, it's lotsa easier to patch your synth with a few steps, if you have a sound in your head (even if approximately), than run through a (huge) sample bank, that maybe even don't have, what you're looking for.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

virtual synths weren't THAT popular in 2000, you know... :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

sure, virtual stuff become recently popular (from about 2002-2003) since PC processors got really strong and able to handle multiple layers of (very) complex sounds. But we ain't living on the past, neither on the future, but in the present, so gotta catch up. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Nahkranoth

Not quite music from this forum, but another two keepers on my side:
1. Necros - Rebel Base 2 (from crusader game) can listen to it in looped mode :D
2. Alexander Brandon - Funky something forgot the title (from Jazz Jackrabbit 2) It's so funkin' good!

[EDIT] And Beyond Network (MO3) suite by Skaven. ~40 mins of one-track music.

[EDIT2]Ahh, it's called "Hippie Heaven", but the file named funkyg :oops:

Saga Musix

Nahkranoth: great choice! <3 Rebel Base 2 was one of the first mods I've heard (outside a game), and it's still great. I also like M04.MOD (end.game) from the same game.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"Nahkranoth: great choice! <3 Rebel Base 2 was one of the first mods I've heard (outside a game), and it's still great. I also like M04.MOD (end.game) from the same game.
Oh yeah! At first I was confused, what are you talking about, but then I found it. In my case it's named "Necros-Crusader-End_Game.s3m".
So the soundtrack exists at least in 3 different formats:
1. MOD (your case)
2. s3m (my case)
3. AMF (original game files), played easily by MPT.
F'n LOL!
And as we touched the Necros topic, there is another great track by him - "Mechanism Eight", this time from Unreal Tournament.

Saga Musix

Mech8 from Unreal Tournament is a remix, though. Original tune is here.

And yes, there might be several version of the crusader tunes out there, MirSoft (World of game mods) has mod conversions for example. Although S3M rips would be somehow more logical, as necros and basehead both were using screamtracker at that time.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"Mech8 from Unreal Tournament is a remix, though. Original tune is here.
I meant exactly this tune :D
It's from the very first UT, as I know. The remix you were talking about is from UT200x (don't remember) by Jesper Kyd if I'm not mistaken, right?
The original is way better IMO.

Saga Musix

Sorry, I was confusing two tunes here. Another tune by necros has been used in Unreal, isotoxin.s3m - THIS one has been remixed / cut down.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"Sorry, I was confusing two tunes here. Another tune by necros has been used in Unreal, isotoxin.s3m - THIS one has been remixed / cut down.
Wow! How I missed isotoxin? Never heard of it :shock: Time to visit modland :D