.53d UMX tune does not load

Started by Saga Musix, February 14, 2009, 18:57:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.53 deveopment build

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
NO!

Description of the bug:
Something seems to be screwed up in the latest SVN source, because Kran32.umx from Unreal crashed MPT while loading. Didn't happen in .52...
An unhandeled expection seems to occur in the unlha module, which shouldn't even be called when loading this tune, I think...

Relabs, did you incorporate this patch? I wonder if that was the reason...

The tune can be found here: (link removed)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

.52 indeed is ok. But where do I find .53 to test this ?

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

well, thanks. Crash confirmed. Quite a severe freeze I must say. And where's history.txt with the update details ?
And shouldn't this be changed in the main text of the forum, saying 'Its wise to try the latest beta version before submitting a bug.' ?

Saga Musix

It is a (very) inofficial release, hence no keymaps, history, soundtouch dlls or whatever. Anyway, after a complete rebuild of the executable, the problem seems to be gone. So it was no bug in the code.

Harbinger

This one is important. Playing and creating .umx files was THE reason i found MPT! :wink: