[Album] BooT-SectoR-ViruZ - BOOTY no BAKA! (mp3)

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, February 07, 2009, 12:52:51

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Sam,

I'd love to see that - especially if the crowd is drugged up  it would be funny!

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Identity

Interesting timbres, and "drive". Doesn't use the traditional drum beat sequence, but has a decent rhythmic pulse. Not Trance, not Techno, maybe Darkwave? I detect either an anti-teen theme or an anti-establishment mentality (the establishment that seeks to label everyone, even with a number). Overall, excellent texture, but i don't keep music with profanity (even if the F word is only used 2 times :P). What can i say; i get enough profanity in real life; i don't want to escape to more of it! 8) (I did say i was a prude, right?)

Rausch

Again excellent sonic texture! Wary about "subliminal" words in my ears, especially if i don't understand them! But it's not like they're out of place. But there's not any noticeable "song development" yet i get the feeling he wasn't trying to be traditional or "educated" about this composition. This is designed for some kind of weird rhythmic body movement. [Looks at producer] Oh, they call it "dancing"? Yes, this thing the kids do, yes, "dancing"....

West Wedding Groove Boxing

The first song on the album with a traditional kick-snare beat, but the main sonic focus is on the vibrato timbre that slithers over the minor mood. Do i hear something in the vocoder or no?  As usual, interesting ending -- Boot-Sector is very good at those.

F***ed in the Skull

The first impression i got of the title's meaning without listening is "insane". But after listening to the banal rhythm and drive, i sense the song is about the constant "thrust" for sex in the typical male (sorry about that pun :wink:). Never lets up. Constantly making its present felt.

Auf die Fresse...

Confirms my suspicions that he's German. They have a special Wagnerian treatment of music, even their modern electronic music. Again non-traditional rhythm but driving nonetheless. Seems like the song is trying to be a nightmare for someone.

NULL

Where's that opening from? Boy does it get me ready to have my ears beat to a pulp! :P If you're looking for a drumkit here, forget it, it's quivering in death throes. You're going to get pulverized with his usual marcato cochlea-scraping timbres.

Bass gegen Wolfgang

Vocoder meets rez! Trent Reznor would be proud, given some rough lyrics. But as normal, no real song development. But that's okay -- we're getting an idea of the niche Boot-Sector occupies!

Dirtbeat

Perfect title for this piece of Powernoise. That distorted metal guitar drone makes this song the most -- ...hmmm, "human?" of them all. But alas, it refuses to take on anything like melodic progression. He's happy providing a sky of blood and black metal...'

Kriegserklarung

A little more noticeable development in this song's structure, so instead of a maggot eating out your insides, it's a beetle building paths in your solar plexus. "Yes, i'd like to register into your fine establishment. Do you have a padded cell ready for me? I have a scrape in my ear."

Space Pirate

Well designed. Almost like a concerto made of sampled TV lines and minor pads. But unfortunately it falls into same routine as the rest of his songs here. Atonal or minor timbres with distorted rhythms. Like a stillborn song born without arms.

Berlin Torture Chamber Story

Different from all the others but somehow just more of the same. At this point in the album, i'm getting sick of goat meatloaf. Don't you have any candy or cake? Or do i have to go to another diner for that? :P

Well, i forced myself to listen to the whole album. Which i never do for ANY internet musician. I figured with this kind of output i'll find a gem in here somewhere. But i didn't hear one major chord in this whole album, and while i can take a little darkness sometime, not all day! If you like your music serious, terrorizing, and even slightly foul, you'll love this album. Perhaps i spent too much time in the bubblegum department of American music! :lol:

Keep churning Boots-Sector! Your musical will taste will evolve like the rest of us before you, and i'll be in line waiting for stuff that i can appreciate! :wink: (That's me making fun of MYself a little! :P)