[electronic ambienit-ish] daily 2009 02 11 (mp3)

Started by uncloned, February 12, 2009, 03:16:19

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/daily20090211gr20-002.mp3

this one is just for the curious only - this is one of the many patches that come with the GR-20 (pictured above).

The tracking is very much better using an internal patch and some of the patches are really good. It includes a decent sitar voicing (not included here yet)

The piece though develops slowly - mostly improve with a bit of an old tune I wrote when I was about 16 for my metal band (just the intro here)

Sam_Zen

I don't think it's fair to the lovely sounds to call this "drone-ish crap" as you do in the tag.

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and liking it. I just thought it developed way too slowly which is why I tagged it as such. Sam this is an amazing tool for a guitarist!

psishock

Quotethis is an amazing tool
Indeed uncloned. I don't know if you were improved over time, or i'm getting more used to your sounding, or this tool does the magic, but the recent work of yours sounds very appealing and complex enough to me, this piece is no different, it's very calming and fun to listen. The ever-changing melodies are keeping the interest.
I cannot feel the "guitar" anymore.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Thank you for the listen and comment Psi!

I feel more "musical" than I have since about 2000 - I became too wrapped up in my job back then for a long time.

This tool holds lots of possibilities so that doesn't hurt either :-)

Sam_Zen

For some people it can be some kind of liberation to discover that, with electronic means, an existing instrument doesn't have to be played like that instrument, but should just be considered as a tool to control some sound.

In this area midi-converters play a role. One can play a trombone-solo with the guitar, like John McLaughlin did on one of his albums.

uncloned

it occurred to me that this may be a part of your MUX concept?

sound is no longer bound by an instrument

sound is sound regardless of the generation.

Sam_Zen

Very nice, Clones, you got the point there..