[DUPE] Turn OMPT into a VSTi

Started by gewfz, August 14, 2009, 13:18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

gewfz

I've been using Modplug for several years now, and it's surely the best tracking tool I've ever used. The implementation of VST and all the related evolutions have turned it into a very powerful sound-designing tool.

During the years my using of Modplug has also evolved, and I now often use MPT tracks in sequencers and play other instruments over it.

Problem is : I am forced to export the wave and put it in the sequencer before doing anything. If I need to make changes in the modplug track, I have to export it again into a wave file, re-import it etc...

Chris Nash's tracker "ReVisit" is a VSTi and it's perfect for what I am doing because it allows you to compose simultaneously the "audio" part and the "tracking" part (using ableton live, for example). However, Revisit lacks some of the great features of Modplug (especially in the field of managing VSTs).

Is there a simple way to turn Modplug into a VSTi, at least to make the internal clock match the midi clock of its host? This would be very helpful for composers like me using sequencers as well...

Edit: Dupe of http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1819.0

Saga Musix

You could have done some research at least. pelya has made a "OpenMPT VSTi" based on OpenMPT 1.17.02.48, it's available here. If interest is there, this could be done for future releases as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

gewfz

shame on me  :oops:

will be testing this right away

thanks!

Sam_Zen

Nice.., I nearly forgot about the work of Pelya, but I will send this to a close friend, who uses VSTi's a lot.
And ask him for comment.

Saga Musix

So what are the results of your tests? May I close this request?

If interest is there, new versions of the VSTi may be built, but I'm not sure how easy it is, as pelya's modifications are based on an older version of the code, and a lot has changed since then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen