A "little" problem with my samples

Started by mioline, February 02, 2009, 16:57:07

Previous topic - Next topic

mioline

Hello!

I have a little problem. When I import a 44.1, 16 bit mono, C-4 sample, it starts at G#2. How can I set this option to C-4 without modifying the pitch? Thanks for the answers.

Mioline.

Rakib

You can't, and why do you want it to be c4?
The g#2 is a relative value and doesn't mean anything other than if you want to change the pitch 1 note up or down.
^^

LPChip

Don't worry about the G#2 value indeed. The sound will still be a C-4 unless you change it that value. Its a reference number really.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

mioline

OK, thanks for the answers. :) But now... I have one more question. The steps of the pitch shifting option are in half notes? Thanks for the answers. :)

LPChip

Quote from: "mioline"OK, thanks for the answers. :) But now... I have one more question. The steps of the pitch shifting option are in half notes? Thanks for the answers. :)

If you change the notes, yes. If you use the finetune buttons (arrows, they go in really fine steps of 25hz a click) manual edit is possible too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs