Author Topic: A "little" problem with my samples  (Read 2334 times)

Offline mioline

• Shy artist
A "little" problem with my samples
« on: February 02, 2009, 16:57:07 »
Hello!

I have a little problem. When I import a 44.1, 16 bit mono, C-4 sample, it starts at G#2. How can I set this option to C-4 without modifying the pitch? Thanks for the answers.

Mioline.

Offline Rakib

• Crazy artist
  • Operating System: win7x64
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 17:21:24 »
You can't, and why do you want it to be c4?
The g#2 is a relative value and doesn't mean anything other than if you want to change the pitch 1 note up or down.
^^

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 20:36:19 »
Don't worry about the G#2 value indeed. The sound will still be a C-4 unless you change it that value. Its a reference number really.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline mioline

• Shy artist
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 19:43:09 »
OK, thanks for the answers. :) But now... I have one more question. The steps of the pitch shifting option are in half notes? Thanks for the answers. :)

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 14:23:27 »
Quote from: "mioline"
OK, thanks for the answers. :) But now... I have one more question. The steps of the pitch shifting option are in half notes? Thanks for the answers. :)

If you change the notes, yes. If you use the finetune buttons (arrows, they go in really fine steps of 25hz a click) manual edit is possible too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs