i can't get the 'load keys' to work

Started by totally_mental, January 29, 2009, 00:38:23

Previous topic - Next topic

totally_mental

in the keyboard props, there's that load keys, I'm guessing it's different key assign presets? but when I click it nothing happens. I don;t like the setup i have at the moment and can't be bothered to go through each one in single file. im a busy man.

LPChip

It should work, but I agree that it doesn't look like much is happening.

See if changing it, then closing and reopening MPT is doing the job. Make sure you don't check press ok to save, or you could very well be overwriting that file. (Yes, that happened to me before too)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

totally_mental

ok i tried that and nothing happened.

ok, i think i will have to do it 1 by 1, but im stuck, i know what I want but i can't get it.

basically i want the note: 'base octave +1 C' to be both keys ',' AND 'q'

and thus, note D to be both '.' and 'w'
and thus note E to be both '/' and 'E'

but it's only letting me assign 1 key.

LPChip

You should be able to set more keys.

When you set a key, it should say Choice (1 of 1) in the combobox. Click it and it should say new. After that, it should say Choice (2 of 2) and you should be able to set your second key.

Still the load keys button should work, but be sure that you don't have the "save when pressing ok/apply" checkbox checked when hitting ok/save. If you've tried this before, you most likelly have overwritten the mkb files. You should redownload those to be sure.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

totally_mental

LPChip

Quote from: "totally_mental"ah yes i see, ok thanks!

You're welcome. :)