[oldskool] Periodes (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, January 08, 2009, 20:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

uncloned

I like the percussion here - that really makes the piece against the tense organum.

is this in a tracker? or a program like Sonar?

Sam_Zen

A tracker. I don't have my archive near, otherwise I would have added the .XM as well.

psishock

The percussion lines are nice, but i would introduce a not so repetitive string or lead melody to make it more "variable?", that would make it more appealing to foreground listening, but as a background music, its very much fine.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

If a musician from one of those out-of-reach South American tribes ever got hold of a synthesizer, this is what he would compose! :P I usually have no ear for jungle rhythms or instruments, but Sam_Zen has converted me forever. (I suppose meatloaf done by a gourmet chef can be made to taste good! :P )

Usually Sam_Zen uses timbres and synths to create his rhythmic element, but for this one he breaks out the drumset. Just don't expect any four-on-the-floor here! Perfectly balanced and a nice stereo fieldplay. Expect lots of ostinato and sound-tossing. Oh, yeah, and excellent chord progression.

Of all the excellent art that our composer has shared with us, this is his best so far in my book (prob'ly because it approaches the Trance style). This one stays...8)