[Techno-Rock]Cut to the Quick(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, January 25, 2009, 20:15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Cut to the Quick

This is the license page, accept my terms, and then feel free to download.

Just a little number that Dustin, Yjana, and i put together a week ago. Fast-paced and energetic, what i call "Driving music" for joyrides down the highway through your downtown of your favorite metropolis. Heavily polished by MPT.

The title is actually a command by a TV producer to show the chase scene, although the phrase "cut to the quick" is a common phrase. (For those who are not English-speaking primarily, "cut (someone) to the quick" means to hurt someone with a belittling remark.

UPDATE: Link above is for a direct download from TraxInSpace.com...

Sam_Zen

Can't find a direct link to the .mp3 file, so I can't download with 'save link as'.

Harbinger

I understand if you don't want to jump thru hoops to find it, but it's important to me/us that everyone understand the terms under which we will make our music available.

The link goes to the license page, go to the bottom and accept our terms and then proceed to the download section. You know the routine... :)

Off until Friday, back in 5 days! :wink:

Sam_Zen

Sorry, you don't understand. Jumping thru hoops or accepting licenses is not the point.
I'm not working on my own system at the moment, and this one has a QT browser plugin, so it starts playing.
Without the opportunity to do 'save link as', because the link has no .mp3 extension, it's redirected.
So, to me, 'download' means saving the piece to disk, not playing  it in streaming mode.

uncloned

Sam, if harbinger does not object I will download it and email it to you. Death to quick time!

uncloned

Quote from: "Harbinger"Cut to the Quick

This is the license page, accept my terms, and then feel free to download.

Just a little number that Dustin, Yjana, and i put together a week ago. Fast-paced and energetic, what i call "Driving music" for joyrides down the highway through your downtown of your favorite metropolis. Heavily polished by MPT.

out of curiosity how'd you polish this (a recording) in MPT? And I take it you are playing synth?

very nice - driving - I think I would have added more lead - but that may not be suitable - and that is of course to my taste. very nice sound the three of you have.

bvanoudtshoorn

Nice work, Harbinger. I really like the subtle stereo effects here and there, and to be honest, I would've liked to hear even more of them! :)

---
Sam, as a handy hint, if you're in Firefox and something opens up in QT, you can save the source by going File->Save As.

Sam_Zen

Thanks, Barry.
nice, speedy piece, and crisp mix..

Harbinger

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry, you don't understand. Jumping thru hoops or accepting licenses is not the point.
I'm not working on my own system at the moment, and this one has a QT browser plugin, so it starts playing.
Without the opportunity to do 'save link as', because the link has no .mp3 extension, it's redirected.
So, to me, 'download' means saving the piece to disk, not playing  it in streaming mode.

Now i see. It's not that you don't WANT to download it, but rather that you CAN'T. I didn't pick that up in your first response. If you want to give it a listen but you can't use our download process (or maybe i should say MY download process :) ), PM me -- i would absolutely not mind sending it to your email. This goes for any of my trusted colleagues in this forum. :wink:

Thanks for all your perspectives.

Quote from: "uncloned"out of curiosity how'd you polish this (a recording) in MPT? And I take it you are playing synth?

very nice - driving - I think I would have added more lead - but that may not be suitable - and that is of course to my taste. very nice sound the three of you have.

We are strictly a studio band. Look here to see our process, especially after the first smiley emoticon. The only thing that's different is that i recently got an old Alesis synth, but it's not connected with MIDI into MPT yet.
Right now we're in a slowdown mode, as Dustin is busy with RL, and Yjana is hangin' around here too much, instead of at home with her drums. I guess i'm the motor that keeps up the output, but at the moment i'm working on my classical pieces...

uncloned

What kind of classical?

contemporary I hope!! :-)

Harbinger

Keep your eyes open in the Free Download section. As soon as MisterX finds it, i'll type up a topic for it. :wink:

To pique your curiosity, it's Impressionist, like Debussy... 8)

Sam_Zen

As said Harbinger, I've got it in the meantime. I removed the ugly QT player, now I can just save an mp3.