The character limit on signatures

Started by Rakib, January 11, 2009, 02:50:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Is possible to change the signature limit from 500 to maybe 1000?
If I want to use different colors, and placing of the text and so on it gets very easily over 500 characters.

So my suggestion is to change the limit to 1000, and instead have a limitation on maximum of 4 lines of text, and no images.
^^

LPChip

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

I cannot and wont restrict to text only and I cant control a max of 4 rows.

1000 chars is just too much. 500 is already pretty loyal, considered most use 200-250.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Hmm, that was a bit harsh rejection. Let's say I want to write a sentence with each of the letter having different color, I'm certain that it would take almost 500 characters or more.

I'm asking you to reconsider.
^^

Saga Musix

colours are ugly anyway. :P
And I also agreee that 500 chars is a reasonable amount of text.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

I must concur  with them, rakib. Iit's annoying enough that we hafta see the same thing EVERY time the person posts, now you want it to be big? Please find a way to keep your signature (which sounds like you're trying to make interesting) short and pithy, and we won't get sick of seeing your posts... :wink:

Suggestion: If you're trying to be unique and individualistic -- which we definitely encourage, consider  finding (or creating) an fascinating avatar if you don't have one already.... 8)

Saga Musix

you could also create an image containing the coloured text, btw.

It's a pity that you can't disable displaying signatures in phpBB anyway... at least not per user.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.