[game] memories of map 10 (mp3)

Started by uncloned, January 13, 2009, 04:42:37

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Nahkranoth

Oh yeah! I like it, and almost all tracks from Doom2.
BTW Map 10 music is based on Black Sabbath's "After All (The Dead)" opening riff. After some diggin' here's the whole list:
Map 01 is based on Megadeth's "Hangar 18" main verse.
Map 02 is based on Atheist's "Samba Briza" main rhythm.
Map 07 is based on Slayer's "South of Heaven" rhythm opening.
Map 09 is based on Stone Temple Pilot's "Sex Type Thing" main riff.
Map 10 is based on Black Sabbath's "After All (The Dead)" opening riff.
Map 18 is based on Pantera's "This Love" opening rhythm.
Map 23 is based on Alice in Chains' "Them Bones" main riff.
Map 25 is based on Alice in Chains' "Angry Chair" main intro.

uncloned

Thanks for the listen!

Here is a video of After all (the dead) live

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/black_sabbath/after_all_the_dead.html

(scroll down.)

Nahkranoth

Long live Ronnie James Dio! What a powerful voice this little man has!

Sam_Zen

yep, nice stuff. never played this game, but the list of bands is impressive.

uncloned

Doom became a father and sons thing at my house. You could customize the game with maps, sounds, graphics, physics. Arguably it is what got my boys into their computer careers.

Sam_Zen

I never was a gamer that much, but I still have Wolf 3D on a dos 6.2 machine. Not that sophisticated as Doom, but I was amazed by the programming skills to have all those maps, levels and sound on one 1.4 Mb diskette.

uncloned

Nethack, Doom, and Chess are the only games I played with any frequency. Most games I consider a waste of time.

psishock

QuoteMost games I consider a waste of time.
Interesting point of view. They are. But we don't play games because we want to do something very important, but to have fun and relax. It's the same with movie watching, average music listening, or having sex without wanting children for the example. I've played or tried most of the pc games till nowdays, enjoyed most of them and i don't have any regrets.
Doom has a very dark style of music, similar like the quake series. This piece is a great one, as most of the ingame ones.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Thanks for the listen. I enjoyed Doom a lot and the original Quake was pretty good (gotta love hand grenades). But given the choice I'd rather create and entertain myself that way. perhaps its a generational thing. When I was growing up games were board games and those don't work well for an only child.

psishock

QuoteI'd rather create and entertain myself that way
That is true indeed, i've "grown up" with lego bricks, drawing a lot, etc. Those were really entertaining and inspirational. I've got my first pc when i was around 10-12 (i really can't remember now), and the audio visual experience was great as the "real 3d" stuff from before. Learned to do some programing later on, made some own smaller games and enjoyed them with my friends, family members, also alone 2.
Some of the kids at my age are played football and hide&seek outside all the time (which is indeed good for learning how to socialize with people), but these things aren't "generational thing", rather personal imo.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

I was 22 when the first IBM pc was released. My first computer experience was an HP 85 connected to a gas chromatograph. Having had an electronic synthesis course in college I learned to program the speaker in HP basic. The first computer I owned was a TI 99/4A which sucked for music. I wanted a commodore but my ex wife was cheap and her brother worked at texas instruments. I got my first PC compatabile in 85 or so, my first sound card (adlib) a year or so later.