TMDC8, 2005

Started by LPChip, January 15, 2006, 17:53:10

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

One of the things that occupy me yearly are the TextMode Demo Competition. They are helt between 15 nov. and 15 dec.

This is one of the side projects I have done together with my friend LifePower.

Together we form Crimson Shine.

Our entry for 2005 took alot of modifications and we were running out of time. Due to this our entry sucks :P Well it doesn't suck, but it was sure that we'd not win before results were published. Nontheless, the demo's can be downloaded and viewed here: http://taat.fi/tmdc/

Surprisingly enough, we WON this competition. The jury gave absolute positive comments on our entry, while we were unsure. You can imagine how hard we laughed when we found out about this! :)

After seeing all demos, I can't agree on the outcome, as I think there's a demo that was better on some aspects. Our menthod of drawing things is the best, and we knew that, but due to less changes, we'd figure to loose. Appearantly not! :)

Don't wait any longer and go download the demo's! :) http://taat.fi/tmdc/
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quote from: "LPChip"Our menthod of drawing things is the best
Yes I found it suprisingly pleasant to look at and very impressive! Well done!
Which one did you think was better than yours?

LPChip

Thanks. The entry that got third.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Waxhead

Text mode demos...

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!  ;D

speed-goddamn-focus

Have to say you were worthy winners. Congratulations!

Sam_Zen

LPChip

cyperkid

i also enjoyed theses nice works.

are there any more archive-pages for such demos around (apart from acid.org & related pages) ???
commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

Quote from: "cyperkid"i also enjoyed theses nice works.

are there any more archive-pages for such demos around (apart from acid.org & related pages) ???

Yeah, check out www.pouet.net ;)

Also the archives of previous years are on www.taat.fi/tmdc

We, Crimson Shine, have participated in TMDC 6, 7 and 8.