[pure electric guitar] Paper (OGG) how about this illusion?

Started by unfa, January 06, 2009, 20:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

unfa

Recently I was playing around with electric guitar sounds in OpenMPT. I have found a very good VST effect, that acts as an amplifier with lots of useful stuff: distortion, flangers, reveerbs, EQs.. it's perfect, it's not crashing (I'am using it on Ubuntu through Wine) and it's free! It's called Free Amp 3. You can get it here: http://www.freevstfx.com/free_vst_fx.php?id=151.

Well, all you need more are some very good and also free guitar (and drum) samples from here: http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/download.html.
What I've made with that is this:

Paper.ogg

It's just a simple melody, but... try to imagine the man with guitar... he stands on a black stage, crowd is silent - watching his every move, there is only one white spotlight illuminating him from behind... and he plays... everybody feels the same as you, sitting in their place, taking part of this musical expirience...

:D please notify me everything i wrote incorrectly... I'm not from America :)
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

bvanoudtshoorn

psishock

It exist Barry, but its not a direct download link as you can c.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Nahkranoth

Hey, unfa, interesting work here! Can't say that it sounds like real, you should use different velocities and think like a guitarist. I mean using fret sounds here and there, every pitchbend should sound like real.

But I liked this piece and I hope you will continue it, it sounds very hypnotic (I think it's the right word) :D

LPChip

Freeamp, I tried that one, but it doesn't beat G-Amp Classic, which is also free although it somehow vanished from the internet and thus I placed a link here on the forum after I uploaded it.

http://files.lpchip.com/temp/g-amp_classic.7z

Try it out, You'll love it. It has a much warmer sound than freeamp.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

I also dislike zippyshare

this cuts out after 1:55?

I think the bends are ok until you get the bend down. It is really difficult to pull that off with real playing and the bend sound too "linear" too regular.

the tune it self is nice - sort of an acid rock thing.

unfa

Hi again, thanks for replying! I was off the computer for couple of days, now I'm back

@Sam_Zen:
If you know some better fast-file-sharing site i have no reason to refuse using it :)

@Nahkranoth:
You know, I'am not a guitarist, my knowledge about "how it is to play a guitar" is very poor. The hypnoticism of this piece affects me too :) I found out that some interesting tunes can be made using just one instrument. Right now I have no idea how Paper is going to be finished/continued. If I move it forward - I'll upload it here.

@LPChip:
Thank's for the G-Amp, I'am about to try it out.

@uncloned:
1:55? Yeah. It's unfinished yet, but it loops quite well  :wink:
So now I'am going to find out what's Acid Rock...

@everybody:
Thanks for comments and help, guys! I'm not going to leave Paper unfinished :D
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

Rakib

How about adding some drums and make it kind of a instrumental rock song or something?
^^

Sam_Zen

2 unfa
I checked the threads for some others :
http://www.mediafire.com/
http://rapidshare.com/
But don't pin me down on them, I don't use such sites myself.
And of course there's the MP download center..

unfa

Well, I tried to the MODPlug storage system, but twice after filling-in dozens of information boxes it said that the token is incorrect.
I may try it again, maybe it was just a bad day :)

LPChip

Let me know what you think of G-Amp Classic :)

EDIT: Oh bytheway, the guitar sound you use has big impact on the sound. So if these aren't that good for whatever reason, it will also be heard in the output.

For leads, you might want to look into Voxenco Boogex. I've used that one too, though G-Amp Classic still gives me the most realistic sound when I use them on my realistic guitar sounds.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

unfa

@LPChip:
I checked out the Voxengo Boogex and it sounds very good to me. I knew it before, but I didn't know what it's made for. I also checked out the G-Amp Classic. I need some time to find out, which one sounds best. Anyway - thanks a lot, LPChip! :D

I think the main advantage of FreeAmp is that it contains a lot of values to setup and some useful effects. Using G-Amp or Voxengo Boogex causes the need to plug in some additional effects for tremolo, flanger, chorus, delay or reveerb when needed. But they are still very useful and handy.

@Sam_Zen:
Thanks a lot! I think the MediaFire.com is the best file sharing site i saw ever. Clear, free, no damn commercials :)