[analog] Lake Shock part one to four (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, January 01, 2009, 15:43:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

uncloned

Sam,

I like this very much. The bass and percussion make a nice framework for the space leads.

Is there anyway I can obtain a data CD or DVD of your music?

Chris

Sam_Zen

uncloned

the site is confusing to me and your MUX album gave a 404...

is this for sale or download?

Sam_Zen

hm.. the site is quite confusing indeed, sorry about that. I will write my friend about this malfunction.
Originally it were actual disks for sale (15,-.) But he was planning to let pay for downloads.

Sam_Zen

The page with Self MUXiliation should be corrected by now.
By the way, talking about a data CD, this album originally has tracks made in four channels.

uncloned

I'm a little confused... I thought modplug was about sharing our work in the spirit of The Scene. I can understand re-reimbursing a special request that gives you expenses....

Maybe I got this wrong? Perhaps this is not yours to give?

Sam_Zen

No need for confusion here. All my work I've published here is in that spirit, but you asked about concrete disks. Which contain extra expenses, apart from the fact, that these two CD's are published by a label, as a commercial activity by this friend.
But the deal is, that I still have a choice to publish a track for free.
And I don't think people should pay for a compressed format anyway.

Harbinger

But about this song... :)

Dustin our newest bassist walked in when i was giving this song a listen, and he and i were both loving this bass line! Our ears were waiting for the kick or the hihat or the lead synth, but were never gratified. The bass line though needs to be put with its kind, Zen! 8)

But i did like the experimentism behind the song, altho i must say i would have liked to have heard more layers...It did inspire Dustin though!

psishock

As Harbringer stated, i'd like to head more layers too, but for an experimental song it's still enjoyable to the ears. The most amazing experimental stuffs that i found from you Sam are the The triangle of noise project and those mathematical function songs. Whitenoise does sounds very cool with some added filter.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

I understand the lack of layers, but it was the setup of this series. Here's part four :
http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/lakesh/4lkshck4.ogg

uncloned

my distinct impression is of the amazonian rain forest.

nicely done sir sam zen!

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

(Lake Shock No. 4)

Why do you torment us so? We with ears and innocent intrigue are carried by your primitive rhythms and meters, and unrelenting bells and insects, holding our breath for the next layer of sonic transformation, but dragging on like rats waiting for our pied piper, and never being allowed to escape the gravity in which you hold us. This music has such a promising movement, but no one else ever comes in to take the reins, and we remain with no knees to help us dance. Curse you! For this your music shall be labeled! Come, psishock, hold him down while i brand him!! The new name for your style, my good man, shall be called.....

Primal Electronica!!

There! it is affixed! Forever you shall never compose anything n o r m a l and by this label you shall be respected by only musicians and synth makers!:P

Sam_Zen

Well, I apologize and will humbly bow to be branded..

So, with the risk of getting boring, here's part three :
http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/lakesh/3lkshoc3.ogg

uncloned

Who would [edit] WANT [/edit] to be normal?

Sam is certainly deserving of this compliment!