Midi controller VST effects are written as \xx

Started by chr15m, December 30, 2008, 15:22:07

Previous topic - Next topic

chr15m

Hi,

After posting on the forum here:
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=2771.0

Relabsoluness told me that it's possible to have VST effect parameters controlled by a midi controller since version 1.17.02.50, which is awesome. After verifying his idea that "Options->Record params" from VST window menu will recording changes made (with the mouse) to VST parameters, I am now filing a feature request that these two features be connected.

Basically I think it would be nice to be able to use a midi controller to control VST instrument parameters, and to have those instrument parameter changes recorded as \xx or Zxx in the pattern as you do so.

Saga Musix

(S=A) means that it has been accepted (and it's fully working already, btw - great job, Relabs!), so no need for more +1 :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

It's worth noting, though, that it simply records controller values to pattern as \xx commands, so one has to manually set the right macro on the channel. Ability to use the MIDI mapping to input parameter changes to pattern without the need to manually set macros remains 'todo'.

chr15m

Way cool that this works.

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"It's worth noting, though, that it simply records controller values to pattern as \xx commands, so one has to manually set the right macro on the channel. Ability to use the MIDI mapping to input parameter changes to pattern without the need to manually set macros remains 'todo'.

Even cooler!

Thx for your hard work.

Saga Musix

Whoops, this one is still open. can you confirm that this has been implemented the way you want it, so i can close this thread?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Am closing this. Feel free to reply if its not working.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

chr15m

Quote from: "LPChip"Am closing this. Feel free to reply if its not working.

Well it's still the case that I can a) use my midi controller to change the VST parameters, and b) use the mouse to change the VST parameters and have them recorded as \xx. What I still can't do is combine those two so that the midi controller changes the VST parameters AND records those parameter changes as \xx.

LPChip

Can you tell me in which version of OpenMPT you tested this?

chr15m

Hi!

OpenMPT-1.17.02.54

Sorry for the slow reply.  I gotta check this more often. :)

maleek

I have requested the same thing earlier, that these two (great) midi options would be connected.

So.... 10 +

:D

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "chr15m"What I still can't do is combine those two so that the midi controller changes the VST parameters AND records those parameter changes as \xx.
This is possible using MIDI mapping and enabling "Record MIDI controller changes as MIDI macro changes (in pattern)" setting from setup->MIDI. In recent test build 1.17.03.02 there's an easier way to change and record parameters.

chr15m

Hi,

Just to confirm, I tested it and this works very nicely. Thank you!

Chris.

Saga Musix