About MPT 1.17 RC2

Started by Andy Livid, January 15, 2006, 09:40:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Livid

Hello!

Can anyone tell me which is the best resampling method on the programm? Is it Linear, Cubic Spline, Polyphase or XMMS-Modplug? What are differencies? And why the amount of volume decreased in final wave- file when I saved the same file in 1.17 RC2 when comparing to 1.16? I made all the setups same like it was in 1.16.

Thank you!

rewbs

Theoretically polyphase is best, but it comes down to what sounds best to you. Note you can set a different resampling mode for each instrument if you want.

Re the difference in volume, are you using plugins? There were some fixes that affected volume levels... you can roll back to older mix modes under general/song properties/playback/plugin levels.

If that does not explain it (or if you are not using plugins), could you send me a simple example track with this behaviour?

Andy Livid

Thanks for answers!

Quote from: "rewbs"
Re the difference in volume, are you using plugins?

If you're meaning VST-plugins, yes, I use them. I tried those other Playback plugin levels. I changed them "on the fly" (during playback) and heard that RC2 is best. Also "Original" sounded same. I don't know what causes this volume loss after saving...

By the way, are those "default" resampling settings on the instrument- page same as it has been set on "Player settings"?

rewbs

Quote from: "Andy Livid"By the way, are those "default" resampling settings on the instrument- page same as it has been set on "Player settings"?
Yep

Randilyn

Personally, I use Polyphase these days.  I used to hate MPT's "High Quality" resampling because it killed way too much noise in instruments such as power guitars, but the current resampling methods don't seem to do that anymore, and even if/when they do, all I have to do is force Cubic Spline on the instrument. :)