[electricfied classical] La fille aux cheveux de lin (mp3)

Started by uncloned, December 21, 2008, 01:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Tomita I'm not...

But I still like the piece and I like looking at the shape of the music while I hear it play. One aspect of the composition that is readily apparent is his use of parallel harmonies - harmony for color and not for harmonic function. This is a view from Sonar 7. The top shows the controller (mod wheel from the Korg MS2000) recorded live. The bottom shows the notes of Debussy's composition (girl with the flaxen hair).

You can download it http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/daily20081220a.mp3

psishock

beautiful moving sounds uncloned, i love most of your melodic pieces. Btw did you used some king of autofilter here or this is pure vsti (hardwares are included)?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

two instances of a synth VSTi driven by a midi.

Debussy is wonderful - the warcraft theme doesn't compare to Debussy, in my humble opinion.

uncloned

I should add, the controller was used to adjust the filter of the pad of one of the synths.

psishock

thanks for the additional technical info, now i can imagine more precisely how was the sound created.

QuoteDebussy is wonderful - the warcraft theme doesn't compare to Debussy, in my humble opinion.
Oh now, we're talking about totally different types of beauty, Debussy is more mellow, smooth and complex, WC themes are more aggressive and rhythmical which is more appealing to my technical ears. Both are fine pieces just from different points and expectations.

(also sorry for very big OT, but i was curious, you've commented every of my recent pieces, but not Drifting. Is there any practical reason, or just didn't happen to find it?)

uncloned

I'm not a trance fan and got tired and only listened part way. Can't say I cared for it particularly.

psishock

oh, thas is fine ^^, i was afraid that you have missed it by an accident.

uncloned

but you've missed two of my recent additions... perhaps ;)