[Funk/Electro] DS-10 Whitin a Deep Forest (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, January 03, 2009, 14:19:19

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I was playing the game Whitin a Deep Forest by Nifflas, and got inspired by its wonderfull music. That made me decide to make another Korg DS-10 song :)

This time, I didn't record the song and then show a bit info about it. Instead, I made pictures of the important screens and embedded them in the movie during the playing. You won't hear the individual sounds, but you will see their settings.

I also used my new tripod that I got for christmas, which in this case produces a very good quality video. :D

This ofcource means that there's a youtube version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6m4--fWbF4

If you'd like to play this on your mp3 player, then grab the song here:
http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Within%20a%20Deep%20Forest.mp3
http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Within%20a%20Deep%20Forest%20(looped).mp3

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome! :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

Haven't listened yet, but you have misspelled "within" - thus I've got a 404 downloading it. Replace the letters - and the link works :D

LPChip

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Haven't listened yet, but you have misspelled "within" - thus I've got a 404 downloading it. Replace the letters - and the link works :D

Yes, I noticed. I even reuploaded the mp3 version with new letters. :) Added a looped version too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Nice, easy-going tune. Unusual circumstances, so this time I'll have to listen with small ear-knobs.
The mp3 sounds quite 'punchy'. I have a small doubt about the length of the delay.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Nice, easy-going tune. Unusual circumstances, so this time I'll have to listen with small ear-knobs.
The mp3 sounds quite 'punchy'. I have a small doubt about the length of the delay.

Which delay do you mean? Are you talking about the swing? In that case, I did it on purpuse to not get the swing perfect because this sounds more human and jazz and less funk. The perfect swing actually turns this into funk. I wanted to avoid that. Now its more jazzy. :)

There's also a long delay on the stick to create a hihat like sound. :)

Sam_Zen

I meant with delay the repeat-time of some echo, but I think I get what you mean.