[aggressive electro] Signal Chain - Boiling Pot (.mp3) WIP

Started by psishock, December 21, 2008, 23:54:22

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Signal Chain - Boiling Pot (WIP) (aggressive electro)
Signal Chain - Boiling Pot (WIP) (aggressive electro) DIRECT LINK MIRROR
This may be one of the fattest electro bassline that you ever listened to. Tried to make the flow and the mood "trashy, dirty" with those boiling and blattering sounds.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

now this is sounding strance. IMO you're overusing the bitcrusher. you know, bitcrushers are nice, but overusing them is about the worst thing you can do. and it happens easily.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Psi, to be honest the percussion seems too broken, it gets better though when the melody and pad comes it - but then it fades away.

psishock

hmmm, yea i understand both of your points guys, this was merely an experimental song, i never did any electro before and to me, the crunched percussion also the other bitcrushed sounds sounded just fine, but its constructive to consider the critics. Ill try to think about them, as always.

psishock

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Good sonic technique, but the kick needs more of a bass register. The stereo was fine, but more panning offsets should be used to keep everything from huddling up at the middle, esp. as the melodic movement comes in at 1:30. And bring in some transitional riffs between clauses; they help prepare the ear for possible changes. I like the timbres overall. The acid bass at the beginning prepares me for the arguments of a drunk jerk, then it's Mr. Tough Guy until about 1:30. Then a more reasonable voice enters thru the melody. Definitely refine and finish this project!