[Orcherstral] psishock - w2 (.mp3)

Started by psishock, December 21, 2008, 23:55:03

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

psishock - w2 (FULL) (Orcherstral)

Suprise suprise, this is something unexpected from me (i guess :P). An ORChestral piece ^^. I'm sure that many of you will recognize the melodies ;), i just love hitting those percussion instruments, tried to make it to sound dark and impulsive as possible. Didn't meant to pervert the genre ^^.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

someone certainly likes Warcraft here... :P Nice touch-up.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Nice, reminds me of that part of Shostakovitch's 5th symphony when the orchestra plays in unison. Very powerful.

Saga Musix

it's ripped from a game called Warcraft 2, though. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

oh, I see. Thanks, I'm not a gamer.

psishock

Yep the melodies are from an old game called Warcraft 2 (i was 100% sure, that ppl will recognize it), the Orc IV Theme called retreat. (it has one of the most beautiful melodies in the gaming history). Percussions are completely rewriten, added some strings, additional melodies, sounds, also the VSTi orchestral instruments are hand selected and toned by me. :)
You can download the midi (just like i did), compare the two pieces, or do an orchestrated version yourself. :D

uncloned

What orchestral VSTi did you use?

(not really my style of music)

psishock

KrazyKatz was talkin' about Edirol HQ Orchestral VSTi on one of Nahkranoth post (if my memory is not mistaken) that i can't find now. Then was the time when i've decided to try to do something with it. It's very easy and fun to use.

Quote(not really my style of music)
Believe me, not even mine :P, but i still like beautiful melodies, no matter what, and i can "adapt" :D

uncloned

Edirol, ok.

I use Garritan Personal Orchestra.

I can adapt too - but I have no reason to.

psishock

psishock