[uplifting trance]Signal Chain - Royal 1.1 full (mp3) update

Started by psishock, December 21, 2008, 23:52:44

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Phew, alright here comes the full 1.1 version from the "crowd pleaser" trance song :D. It took me ages, nagging myself to finish it, but i am satisfied with it now.
Changes? More like a total reset, but i've picked the parts that i like from the old version (and enchanted them too). I've learned a tons of stuff since i've made the first version, so you can expect lots of nasty variations and effects going on. It's fairly harder than the original, i may put some 20-30 seconds "intro" to the beginning, to avoid the rushing kick.

Enjoy:
http://psi.lp1.nl/music/SignalChain-Royal1.1.mp3
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

i dig the snare sound. a really nice trance tune, it could use more reverb so you can really "dive" into the sound, if you know what i mean.
the high-pass filter at 1:25 is too fast and too much. make it slower and don't go *that* high with the low frequency. but apart from that, it's nice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

This is pretty good - coming from a non-trance fan.

You know I love your timbres - have you ever tried ambient? I bet you could write an excellent ambient piece or two.

Nahkranoth

Yeah baby yeah! Full version, at last :D
I won't be singing praises here since I did it earlier IIRC :wink: (but I should anyway)
Will wait for 1.1 ver tho, judging by that little piece it is way cooler, imho.

psishock

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Fine Trance. Excellent sonic technique for the genre. At 1:30, the song leaves being Trance to become Ambient, but finds its pulse again at about 2:05, something i would keep throughout the transition (if I composed it!). Love the chord progression of the main loop and the aural massage (not message, "MASSAGE" :D). Good music, will keep.

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"You know I love your timbres - have you ever tried ambient? I bet you could write an excellent ambient piece or two.
hmmm, i've played with the idea. I think the "pure" ambient is a too restricted genre for me, i can use percussion or any stronger sounds, or variations. But maybe a mixed genre, ambient with breakbeats or similar will be ok for me 2 try.

uncloned

Agressive break beat with a tension filled ambient wash sounds like a good thing to me ;-)

Harbinger

(A new version requries a new critique! 8) )

The skip on the very first beat definitely caught my attention (i don't remember it in the first version), and the continuing intro kept me tuned in.  The drums are kept at a perfect distance underneath the synthwork, and i know that's hard to achieve. (We must exchange recipes! :D) Helluva bass line, especially when the music comes back at about 2:30. Excellent work and a noticeable improvement on the original -- altho i thought the original was fine! Another keeper by psishock!

tvdude

This is so damn good I think I'm just going to give up...lol..ok, I won't give up, but the bar is so high, it will take a lot of reaching to get to your level.  Congratulations on a first rate, very professional piece.  I see a massive light show and 25,000 people in your future.  Please remember me and all the little people when we stand in the rain and buy tickets to your concert...lol...
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

psishock

^^ I'm glad you've enjoyed it tvdude!
Don't even think about giving up on us :D, look at the good tracks as a catalyst for the inspiration. I'm always looking forward to hear some nice progression from any person, and i haven't heard stuff from you for ages now, so don't be shy with posting. :D

If you're into uplifting trance, i can recommend you the Drifting, the chance that you will like that one 2 is high. My composing skills have been sightly improved since Royal (which was basically my first finished "vsti" piece).

QuoteI see a massive light show and 25,000 people in your future. Please remember me and all the little people when we stand in the rain and buy tickets to your concert...lol...
If anything similar would happen', the OMPT posse will get VIP tickets, so the rain would be avoided. :lol:

Sam_Zen

No need to tell tvdude about trance. Check his "Kingdoms".

2 Psi Not only VIP tickets, I demand a backstage pass with access to booze, dope, and groupies..

psishock

The page cannot be found.....The page cannot be found.....The page cannot be found  :crybaby:
...you have it somewhere on the disk Sam, by any chance?

*writes a list*
- make copies from the backstage door key.
- order 1 more truck booze, just to be safe.
- try to get exclusive dope for Sam.
- inform the groupies to bring their girlfriends too.
i think i've covered everything.

Sam_Zen

Exclusive not necessary, just plain hashish from the Maroc Rif mountains will do.
Try this one :
http://www.thepsproject.com/audio/kingdoms.mp3

uncloned

I like kingdoms - much more to it than the typical for this genre.

let me modify - its not that I don't like trance/dance
I don't like lame composers who do nothing with the music but present a beat in a shiny package with a bow.

Perhaps that stuff works for some people. For me I like music that has something interesting about it. For instance I thought 2nd Reality kicked serious butt and may have been the first techno I had ever heard. But by the time I heard the 50th lame variation that added nothing to it... I got bored.

I know you can say the same for rock music.... and in fact my answer is *exactly* the same - where is the interesting parts for the listener?

I've know people who don't care about such issues and for them music is a commodity like wall paper. Its not art, has no real meaning, its all elevator music. There is a place in the world for that - but I'm not one of those people.