.52 Midi velocity from external midi keyboard not VSTi

Started by LPChip, December 21, 2008, 00:25:24

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Sorry for the weird title, I just didn't had enough space :P

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Dunno

Description of the bug:
If you use a VSTi in your track, and this VSTi can respond to velocity changes, it will not work when you use an external midi keyboard. Basically the following happens: OpenMPT can send the midi velocity correctly to the VSTi, because playback in the pattern goes right. OpenMPT can also record the velocity right to the pattern if you record it using your external midi keyboard, however, if you record from your midi keyboard, even while it does print the vXX commands in the pattern, it sends a V64 to the VSTi at that moment, and also from the instrument tab. This makes it a bit weird to use for recordings.

How often does it happen?:
Always, and PsiShock has confirmed this. In fact, he brought it up.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Get any VSTi that can respond to velocity commands, and use a midi keyboard that is capable of sending velocity commands to OpenMPT and play it in the instrument tab to see that it doesn't work.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

you've mentioned me, i feel honored now! :flower:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"you've mentioned me, i feel honored now! :flower:

I would be a bad guy if I hadn't...

Hmm, wait, now I have to edit you out of my post. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.