Vsti + samples
Synth1
Tal Bassline
SuperWave trancepro
Vanguard

Tell me what you think. Cheers!
^^

Sam_Zen

Nice build up, nice variations in intensity. Sounds are quite traditional, but nevertheless.
And I'm glad you avoided the obvious double and quadruple drumrolls before a break.

psishock

Hey Rakib, haven't seen you here in a while :D. Nice drum loops and VSTi usage. As Sam have stated, it's more like a traditional trance with those arpeggiators and super-saws, than an innovative one, but that is just fine. The progression is good, personally i would have warmed up a bit the mood with a lead melody and with some different chords on the "filler" parts.
I can also see that you've put a lot of work on this, keep on good composing.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

psi - what is the difference between a super saw and regular saw?

psishock

oh, that's easy uncloned, basically the "supersaw" is a 7 layered detuned sawwave. :D Introduced by Roland JP-8000 first, but pretty widely used by most of the trancers nowdays, possibly because its specific warm detuned sounding i guess. :)

here is a small audio example that i've made, you will get the difference fast: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/65418102/file.html
Of course both sounds ok, it only depends on the situations where would u use them.

Rakib

@psishock: I don't think you have seen me here at all. This is the first song I have added for the modplug community. I don't make music so much anymore. So this is my first release in over 2 year. Even though I have played with modplug but without having a complete song.

I have seen you promote using xlutop chainer in modplug, maybe you could make video tutorial and post it on youtube?
I find using vsti on modplug quite limited at the moment, and a sequencer is not what I want to use.
personally i would have warmed up a bit the mood with a lead melody and with some different chords on the "filler" parts.
Care to explain a bit more :?:

@Sam_Zen: Thanks for the reply, but I love classic trance, and are trying to make music in that style.

@uncloned: Supersaw gives you a more thicker sound.
^^

uncloned

Quote from: "psishock"oh, that's easy uncloned, basically the "supersaw" is a 7 layered detuned sawwave. :D Introduced by Roland JP-8000 first, but pretty widely used by most of the trancers nowdays, possibly because its specific warm detuned sounding i guess. :)

here is a small audio example that i've made, you will get the difference fast: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/65418102/file.html
Of course both sounds ok, it only depends on the situations where would u use them.

ok - thanks the example certainly makes it clear.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting opening, serious music with regard to layering and transitions, but with a touch of "experimentalization" to keep you from turning away. At about 4:00 i wanted to get off my butt to dance (and i don't dance! :P). This song needs to not be dead at 6:21. It's vapid and hollow (like good dance music is), but somehow quite descriptive!

Would love to hear this transcribed for Unreal (great fraggin music!), just keep the beat throughout.

It's obvious you know what you're doing, and i like this genre, so i'm keeping this in my playlist...

psishock

Quote from: "Rakib"I don't think you have seen me here at all.
Yes i have seen you :P, but ur rite, not in the download area, but in the features request page.

Quote from: "Rakib"I have seen you promote using xlutop chainer in modplug, maybe you could make video tutorial and post it on youtube?
Not gona happen :D, i'm just helping 'till i don't find it very time consuming. I'm not promoting it, it's just a very easy way for fixing some questions/problems. Also, it's really not that hard to use, just get the demo, play with it a little, i'm sure you'll get the hang of it fast.

Quote from: "Rakib"I find using vsti on modplug quite limited at the moment
What did you wanted to do and couldn't been able? I can do the most things even without xlutop chainer.

Quote from: "Rakib"a sequencer is not what I want to use.
if can't do it in ompt sequencer is the only answer? :D Not at all, other trackers exist too, i've personally went totally to Renoise nowdays. It already has every feature that i currently can wish 4, thus making my life much much easier on producing. It's like ompt in 2117. xD

Quote from: "Rakib"I don't make music so much anymore...
wat?! open your tracker right away, make more songs and give a nice time to us all, don't let yourself to waste. Music making is a pure joy, why would you ever quit? Look at Sam example he could be a pensioner for quite some time past, but his very much alive and kickin' in the world of music. :lol:

Quote from: "Rakib"Care to explain a bit more?
Sure,
warmed up the mood == it would make the song with this even more interesting
filler parts == it's everything that's not the refrain or the main part in my dictionary :), mayb not the right word for this, but i'm using it anyway.
lead melody, as a normal melody, apart from arps, you know, like those guitar solos on rock concerts. A melodic parts in addition with arps can have a nice effect. It's your job to figure something cool out, i shouldn't interfere much with the creative process. ;)
different chords, you know, apart from the refrain part, it's sometimes effective to use some different note combination for them. Now, i'm aware that it's kinda not a popular way, because ppl intend to make the trance repetitive, hypnotic, i haven't seen it on much songs, but i like the idea anyway, that's why i've said that is personal.

bvanoudtshoorn

I like this! I haven't listened to good traditional trance in a long time, and this was really worthwhile. :D Nice work, Rakib!

tvdude

This is excellent.  Congratulations on a great work.  What did you use for drums?
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Rakib

The drums are basically from Vengeance Essential Clubsounds, but is heavily altered.
^^

Saga Musix

Ah, good sample pack. :)

Anyway, this is a really nice classic trance track, i like it. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.