[Assorted] Tracks from 08 that didn't make it

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 17, 2008, 14:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I've got quite a few tracks lying about on my hard drive that I never finished, and which I doubt I ever will. Some of them, I think, have promise, but I just don't have the impetus to work on them. So this post is a selection of those tracks, incomplete, unmastered, unperfected as they are. :) If there's particularly strong interest in some of them, I may well finish them off.

Note that I haven't really bothered making sure that the bounces are great, so there are a few clicks here and there.

Highlands (Working title) <Orchestral>
A lilting Gaelic track, with, I think, quite a pretty melody. It never went anywhere, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure where I'd take it. I think that that kinda shows in the final pattern.

Dancing alone <Pop/Rock>
This is a track which I think *could* be finished, and be something. But I don't really know -- it needs a lot of work, particularly in the guitar line, in my opinion.

Light (Working title) <Pop/Rock>
Another pop/rock track, kinda in the style of The Whitlams. Fun with an upright piano. :)

Carol of the bells <Dance?>
OK, so I contemplated doing a 'dance' version of the carol of the bells. I dunno. :/ It did give me another chance to play with one of my favourite synths, the FabFilterOne. :) I love that smooth square sound... Note that this is little more than a draft: it's basically a bunch of ideas cobbled together.

Anyway, let me know what you think of these. I may well put some more of these half-baked pieces up if people are interested.