[pop vocals]The Answer(mp3)Hindi influenced minimal pop

Started by uncloned, May 17, 2008, 02:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

uncloned

This obviously went nowhere because of the TiS register to download policy

http://clones.soonlabel.com/y/the-answer.mp3

unfinished - but I kinda like it. Uses those soundfonts I'm hosting.

Talking about Sam's latest reminded me about this one.

Sam_Zen

Very nice. Although I would never had used a grand piano in this atmosphere.
Unfinished ? One could say any piece is ever finished. I prefer to call different outcomes "versions".

psishock

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Unfinished ? One could say any piece is ever finished.
Hmmm, when i can't change anything further to not worsen it, that should be something like "finished". You can always feel when there is something still missing, or when the overall given mood is just fine. The never-ending upcoming ideas can be used on other songs as well.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

I find piano can be a very dramatic instrument.

So in this minimalistic setting it served that purpose.

As for finishing....

this is very unfinished in the sense I mumble my words in the middle because I was making them and the melody up as I recorded that section.

I'm not one of those composers who hear things finished in their head (usually).

Thanks for the listen - Sam glad you liked it.

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"I find piano can be a very dramatic instrument.
The piano is an awesome cool instrument, the second best in my list (the first are the synthetizers of course :D).
I would keep the low piano notes there, they sound very dramatic, but the higher notes are loosening the atmosphere, maybe you could switch with some other instrument that fits more well (like guitar example, not sure)? Could try some variations.

Quote from: "uncloned"I'm not one of those composers who hear things finished in their head (usually).
...is that a good or a bad thing? i can't decide.
But then again, i'm most of the time composing everything in my head, and just write down the outcome. It's more practical for me because i can try out a big variation of things over a short amount of time. So when i've put  everything down on paper, added a little "makeup", i'm considering it finished, and passing to the next song.

uncloned

how do you write down the tone colors of the synth parts?

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"how do you write down the tone colors of the synth parts?
You mean on my songs? I can imagine a very wide range of sounds and mostly can recreate it very accurately with the synths. It's an elevating feel when you hear everything the same on speakers as you've imagined. I've just couldn't do this with samples, so i'm very happy since i've discovered the VSTi-s, because i can be truly "free" on composing now. By "writing down on paper" i've meant by putting the notes and the progressions into the host program that i'm using.

uncloned

have you ever heard something you couldn't create?

psishock

But of course, i would be more that happy if i was on that level just now, and perhaps i would already work with some big company for very big bucks :). I'm nowhere perfect yet! But that is the point of learning and analyzing. When i'm working, walking, traveling, having some fun or doing anything else, i'm surrounded with interesting voices and i'm always trying to figure out how could they be created with synths, by "disassembling" their complex shapes to simple volume waves and some aftereffects. Of course, the more complex our sound is, the more harder is to recreate it, but i can mostly make a good guess and get a very "close" hit. A very "organic" sound sometimes can be pretty hard, if not nearly impossible to reconstruct, because of the constant and very fast shape changes.

uncloned

I can't say I'm even close to that.

I seem to compose more from feeling and "internal color vision" than anything else. I can improvise pretty good.... I hear a few note ahead, but compositions are rare.

I wish I could do what you do. At least I think I do....

psishock

You can do what you wana do. :D
If you have weaker sides and need them to be improved, do so! Practise makes perfect in my dictionary ^^, i've improved many of my weak skills over the time.
About "internal composing", well it's more easier than it sounds. Think of you mind as a general music player. How accurate can you replay your favorite songs? Pretty close aye? Now try to change something on them :), try to separate some parts, add some combination to the melody, take away the bass or the percussion, add some variations to the transitions, and so on. There you go, you have a portable, embed tracker. :D
When you get enough idea on your head, just have to sit down and write everything on your host program.

uncloned

you do have a point about remembering songs.

though... I usually don't hear the drums when I play them back in my head :)

let me think upon your words though... you have a very good point.