Using number pad to change octave

Started by TimInge, December 13, 2008, 17:59:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TimInge

Greetings.
I just got back into using modplug after a two year break. I got the newest version, and adjusted everything to how I like it. There's only one thing I can't seem to get back, and that's the ability to change the octave of a note using the number keys. Can anyone tell me which button I need to press or knob I need to twiddle to get this ability to work again?
Thanks!

LPChip

Have you taken a look at the keyboard preset manager?

Just to make sure that you have a question about that part :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TimInge

Yes, I've messed around with that and got things as close as they were in the old version. The keyboard options seem to be much reduced. I'm used to a set of options as exemplified in the wiki manual. The options in the current version seem to be reduced.

älskling

I don't think the keyboard options have been reduced, did you select category "Pattern Editor - Note Column" in the keyboard editor? Set Octave is (or should be ;)) after all the notes.

Saga Musix

The options have not been reduced at all, there were bascially no options in the old 1.16 version _at all_.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"The options have not been reduced at all, there were bascially no options in the old 1.16 version _at all_.
Time flies, two years ago can still mean OpenMPT :P

TimInge

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "Jojo"The options have not been reduced at all, there were bascially no options in the old 1.16 version _at all_.
Time flies, two years ago can still mean OpenMPT :P

I was using OpenMPT. The version I'm having trouble with is 1.09. What's the latest version?

If I can't work it out, I can always go back to openMPT.

LPChip

1.09.??????? The version number that is important are the last 2 digits.

You can download .52 officially from Soureforge, which is what I use.

There's also a .53 debug build available on the forums... somewhere... :P

But for now, I recommend .52.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Err, 1.09 is certainly not a OpenMPT build. Rather a very old ModPlug Tracker.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TimInge

Yeah, not sure where I dug it up, honestly. I know it's the last version I downloaded, obviously by mistake, and didn't see the "1.09" until I started this thread.

OpenMPT 1.17 is the one I was using back in the day, though, and honestly, this and 1.16 are the only versions I can find for download. SourceForge is sporting the open 1.17. I'm not usually this technologically slow, but I'm going to have to ask for another friendly nudge in the right direction. Thanks for all your help.

psishock

ummmm, so you need the link for the latest beta (1.17.02.52) then, if i got you right?
http://modplug.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/modplug/trunk/OpenMPT/mptrack/bin/
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TimInge

Ah, I was somehow getting the message that OpenMPT is a thing of the past. I was confused.
I think I get it now. Thanks for the link!  :D

psishock

You're welcome.

The story in a nutshell:
The original Modplug tracker development was closed a long time ago, but the source code went open, so the OpenMPT was born, and we have some recent versions now. :D
The version that you got from the link is the latest stable beta that you can get from the net. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)