Main Menu

Arpeggio

Started by durk, December 07, 2008, 23:35:42

Previous topic - Next topic

durk

Hey there,

After my first day with OMPT, I can't get to produce an arpeggio... I try to input Oxx but it doesn't take it. What kind of format does it use???

Thanks,

D.

psishock

Hey durk, did you've tried Jxx? Oxx is for sample start offset in .IT extension. I personally recommend that u use the Impulse Tracker format in OMPT.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

and in the MOD and XM format, its not O as in Opel, but 0 as in zero. :)

Also, make sure that the first effect doesn't have 00, as 00 means: repeat last used value.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

durk

Thanks guys, Jxx works. I tried O and 0 but it doens'T take it. I'll just forget my old years of FastTracking to convert to the ImpulseTracker.

Cheers!

LPChip

Quote from: "durk"Thanks guys, Jxx works. I tried O and 0 but it doens'T take it. I'll just forget my old years of FastTracking to convert to the ImpulseTracker.

Cheers!

They do work if you select the fileformat to be .xm. To do that, go to the general tab, press song properties, change to the .xm format.

Do note, you can archieve more with the IT standard, but this might allow you to have a smoother transition to OpenMPT. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs