MPT Techy Christmas Compo OPEN!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 05, 2008, 10:31:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Whoo!

Visit the wobsite and enter!

OK, first up, sorry about the delay -- work and life have been a bit crazy recently. :/ You'll notice that because of that, the theme isn't particularly pretty -- I lazily just 'browned' the theme I made for the Barryvan compo. If anyone wants to do a proper theme, please let me know. I'd love to have something nicer.

Anyway, the compo is now open! You can enter your Christmas-themed pieces at the site. Now, the rules for the compo:

- You must use MODPlug! You can use plugins, samples, goats, anything, as long as it's through OpenMPT.
- You may post-process your work -- for example, to normalise the volume, or to run it through a compressor, or to mix a bit.
- Your entry must be in MP3, OGG, MPTM, IT, XM, S3M, or MOD formats. It's recommended that you use MP3 or OGG, though, so that everyone can hear as closely as possible what you intended.
- The size of your entry must be no larger than 15MB; preferably much smaller. (If hosting your entry is a problem, contact Barry (bvanoudtshoorn) through the Modplug forums.)
- If the round specifies it, your entry should somehow refer back to a common theme, like Christmas, the delights of Pepsi, or that time I spent the entire day unaware that my trousers' zip was undone.
- You may only enter once per round.

Fair enough? Awesome. Now get entering! :D

Thanks to LP for hosting the competition and getting most of it all set up.

Rakib

^^

bvanoudtshoorn

Um... You'll have to ask LP. :) He's the one who gave it its name. :D

AFAIK, no, it's not just an electronica compo.

LPChip

Uh, I believe it was Älskling who gave the name, or perhaps even Harbinger. The term techy comes from making it sound advanced. :) Also biological types of sound could be that. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Btw Barry,

I dunno if its easy for you to add, but I don't mind if people upload their song on my website for the duration of the compo and a month or so after.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Holy moly, so there's gonna b a compo after all? I've recently got myself a new job, and i'm constantly busy with a couple of project lately, but i'll try my best to finish something even 4 this compo! :gjob:
And i can make you fast a nice logo if you need that, gimme dimensions. ^^

...eh...only ompt you've said...?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"Uh, I believe it was Älskling who gave the name, or perhaps even Harbinger.
I just contributed with the christmas part.

Saga Musix

okay, compo info is now also up in the modarchive compo feed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

I think there should be a special "best use of goat" award.

psishock

Quote from: "älskling"I think there should be a special "best use of goat" award.
Confirmed, Supplied!!

Also it comes with embed lil goat, for more richer end user experience:

bvanoudtshoorn

OK, if people want to host their music somewhere for the competition, I'm happy to provide (free!) hosting.

Just send me a PM, and I'll hook you up with FTP details for where you can upload. Alternatively, PM me, email me the track, and I'll upload it for you.

LPChip

Just a note: You may expect a techy christmas entry from me. :)

Started to work on it yesterday and everything went so well, that I also finished it yesterday. I do need to work on it a bit more, like mixing, but it'll be there. :)

psishock

Quote from: "LPChip"You may expect a techy christmas entry from me.
:cheers: can't wait to hear it.

KrazyKatz

I really wish I could enter this one, but I simply don't have the time. In order to contribute though, I would also be glad to help people who need their pieces hosted. Just PM me.

Also if you need a judge, I'd be glad to help  :D .
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Reminder: One more week before the entries need to be in.