Effect commands for player options

Started by Saga Musix, March 01, 2009, 16:08:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Some people say that the player options (bass expansion, agc, surround, etc) have to be removed completely, some people don't agree at all. Maybe it would be a good idea to include a command in the MPTM specs that forces all these options to be turned on or off.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

I thought i read somewhere that the .wav save doesn't even save the Surround sound effect. Plus any EQ or Bass expansion i do is thru FX, so i never use them for composition or even mixing. Plus i don't use MPT as a player so i never use them for that.

And now that i compose and mix entirely in the .mptm format, i never use any of the Player FX. I second your motion.

Any opposed?

Sam_Zen

Opposed in the sense, that I've used this option many times. While realtime playing, or to add a simple modification when saving some columns to a wav-file.
This includes the Pro Logic surround. Any setting of the Player tab, or EQ tab if involved, works on the saved wav.
I don't work with the .mptm format, but as long it's an on-off choice, it's fine by me.

This brings me to a sub-request. The button says "Player Settings" with below : "Not saved with song!".
This could cause confusion. It's the Settings which are not saved, but the Effects of it will.
So the on/off saving choice also could be a box there. Enabling "Save with Effects" or not.

Saga Musix

It affects wav export, yes, that's why there's even a button for the player settings in the wav export dialog...

QuoteThis could cause confusion. It's the Settings which are not saved, but the Effects of it will.
Not exactly. They are saved in wav export, that's true, but wav export is not the song. So they are, in fact, not saved in the song.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.