Channel Duplicate

Started by Saga Musix, September 08, 2007, 19:54:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I haven't seen this feature yet, but I think it would be quite useful... Sometime you have a channel and want to duplicate it, f.e. to increase the volume. I know about Ctrl+L, but image, you have a complete song and have to duplicate 2 channels through all patterns...

Implemented in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Best place to add this feature would be in the channel manager. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Support !
Not only useful to increase the volume, but also e.g. for panning purposes. The duplicate channel could be shifted one row down, low volume, to create a simple echo, maybe at another position.

le_parasite

L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

Saga Musix

i've thought about trying to implement this. the best place to do this would probably be the channel menu and not the channel manager (which is already quite stuffed and has right-click options already). so a good place would be right-click on channel header -> add channel -> duplicate channel or something like that...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

The main difference of this is channel addition in the complete song instead of just one pattern.
I remember FT II having some shortcuts to replace one instrument by another in a channel throughout the song.
To be honest, so far I never used the channel manager, it's a somewhat fuzzy dialog to me.

le_parasite

L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I remember FT II having some shortcuts to replace one instrument by another in a channel throughout the song.
that also exists in MPT, but that's a bit off-topic :D

the channel manager is very great, especially for moving channels around.