Debug vs. Release

Started by Saga Musix, November 24, 2008, 16:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Dunno what's wrong here, but it seems like I can only create debug builds (using VS2003)... when choosing "release", the compiler always hangs at "generating code...". i wanted to try the release option as opening a drive in the Instrument Library browser crashes modplug all the time...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"when choosing "release", the compiler always hangs at "generating code..."
Are you sure it hangs? Release build takes considerably more time than debug build, and it can be "generating code" for rather long time -- maybe something like tens of seconds to a few minutes.

Saga Musix

well, i was eating dinner and afterwards it was still not done. :|
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Clean and rebuild is the only (tentative) suggestion I can come up with.

Saga Musix

I've got VS 2008 Professional now (MSDNAA ftw). First thing I see is that it's fucking slow on my machine. ;) Also, I've tried the release build option again, let it run in the background for some time, and it works now.