(Split) MPT Compo! :D

Started by psishock, November 14, 2008, 23:56:15

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Quote from: "Harbinger"I often must listen to crappy sound in order to get the rate low enough for my system to process the synthesis, but it usually helps.
That sounds painful. :nods: I remember when i was "forced" to work with 22050 and mono setup, to get fluid multichannel module playback on my 386dx. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

It is painful :lol: Remember im at 100 mHz CPU under emulation from my Mac, so almost ALL the newer VSTi's are unavailable to me, even if at the lowest setting. I'm missing out composing a lot of good music with such a torturously slow system.

However, i'm buying a custom-built system which will be running at least 1 gHz CPU in the next week. Now i'm worried about overload on my part. I'll be able to do anything that i won't know where to start!!::)

psishock

oki, sounds awesome! Lets race then after you got your new rig, who can produce more techy sound. ^^

Harbinger

Puh-lease!! It'll be no contest then! 8)

psishock

I just love your confidence :wink:, and gotta wait 'til Jojo, LP and the other big hitters enter as well.

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"I just love your confidence :wink:, and gotta wait 'til Jojo, LP and the other big hitters enter as well.

You do realise, that if I enter, you'll loose, right? :nuts: :boogie:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "psishock"I just love your confidence :wink:, and gotta wait 'til Jojo, LP and the other big hitters enter as well.

You do realise, that if I enter, you'll loose, right? :nuts: :boogie: :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "LPChip"

You do realise, that if I enter, you'll loose, right? :nuts: :boogie: :P

You do realise, that if you enter, I'll loose, right? :nuts: :boogie: :P  =(

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

omg i never lolled so much in the morning! hahaha :lol:

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Um, perhaps this should be split off into a separate topic...

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo""morning"... :P
yea, well i call that time when i open my eyes and receive the first frames of my lcd monitor. If it's 3:00pm... well, i had a busy night. :D

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Um, perhaps this should be split off into a separate topic...
I bet you wish that every of your requests are accomplished at least this fast.  :D

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "psishock"I bet you wish that every of your requests are accomplished at least this fast.  :D

lol... Yeah. :D

Although now that I've graduated, I'm contemplating taking off my Java hat and picking up my C++ hat, and having a poke around in the OpenMPT codebase; that way, like Jojo, I can have my requests actioned as soon as I get round to them. :D

Saga Musix

that would be really cool, go go go! :D
OpenMPT is actually my very first project in C++, I guess that means something... if you know java, you already know enough to play around with MPT, i guess! :D