lost your inspiration?

Started by psishock, November 03, 2008, 17:37:05

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"The most wonderful melodies are those that I hear in my dreams sometimes.
Yes, i've experienced that a lot of time, fortunate that my memory is extremely good, so i can remember them. There were even some cases when i've used parts of them on my compositions.
One thing i can tell you about this, that the mind in the dreams is much more emotive than in real life, so whatever works there may not work so great when you're awake. If a melody sounds extremely good in dreams, it may sound a bit dull when you enter the notes on your favorite tracker. :D But the case is, that you can always improve what you have, the idea can be ok and with some creative working on it, a very nice results can be archived.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Did anyone consider to hire a detective? If you lost your inspiration, maybe he can find it back for you. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"Did anyone consider to hire a detective? If you lost your inspiration, maybe he can find it back for you. :nuts:
Perhaps he can also find your sense of humour?  :twisted:

LPChip

Ouch!

But I guess you can't really help it. I mean, you were born that way. :nuts: :gunman2:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

:shock: if there is some nice street fight in the plan, please invite me also, i'll get some popcorn and watch. :D

älskling

Quote from: "psishock":shock: if there is some nice street fight in the plan, please invite me also, i'll get some popcorn and watch. :D
Actually I and LP-Chip often do Street Fighter cosplay in the streets for cash. I'm Cammy and he's Chun-Li. It's just for laughs, you know the sort of transgender fore-/roleplay we all like to do in our spare time.

Fight!

psishock

oh, its very very educational. :o
-touches his glasses, scribbles something with his favorite pen to his white notepad while burbling-

Sam_Zen

LOL

2 BvO
According to the standard work by Robert S. deRopp, 'Drugs and the Mind', if drinking coffee, you're a drug-user as well.
Cafeine is a stimulating drug, as is 'theine' in tea. Chocolate is also in that category.
But I don't want this the place to start arguments about this.

uncloned

I find inspiration in listening to

stavinsky
debussy
benjamin britton
charles ives

the beatles
genesis
rush

and others of course

but guys - listening to all of you is inspiring - its one of the main reasons I come here.

the vodka was a joke - I can't perform, let alone compose, in an altered state - honestly - it sounds good when I do it but when I hear the playback I'm ashamed. However, I do like to drink vodka - just not play/compose while I do it.

PS - if you have the money Buy Wendy Carlos - Beauty in the Beast

it is incredible electronic music (all synths) that sound organic (even singing voices!)  playing in microtonal scales of various types - and it all works - really really well.

http://www.wendycarlos.com/+bitb.html

That is what I call inspiring too!

Sam_Zen

Yep, I'm a big fan of Wendy. The double album 'Seasonings' is a masterpiece.