[Fusion]Processing You(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, November 08, 2008, 03:05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Processing You...

I've chosen to leave the vision behind this a little open to interpretation. The title could mean anything from the sinister to the sublime to the banal to the innocent. But it basically sounds like a robot love song (!), as sung by a great little VSTi, the pD SH-009 Monosynth. The little robot phrases would actually be random every time i'd play the song thru this synth. It's low CPU, a simple interface, but also quite limited in function. Still, i found a place for it to perform...

Yjana did the drums; what you hear is about 95% acoustic track, with only a couple of splices. You are also being introduced to a young bass player (you will hear from him in future projects) who played bass on this track and did a fabulous job. He brings a little more "soul" to the bass line, and loves doing music projects that keep him far from the music industry. His track is 100% acoustic, but, like some of Yjana's stickwork, was tidied up with MPT.

Enjoy it here, because this will not make it on a future CD. Aeon is not known for "jazz."  :|

UPDATE: Now at Trax-In-Space...you may need to register.

Sam_Zen

Much enjoying this. Your bass player is a gain to your ensemble.

Just a little nag about the genre :
'Modern Jazz' is a term already used since 1940, starting with be-bop, so a bit too vague.
Within the jazz history a piece like this would be called 'Fusion', like the music by the band "Steps Ahead".

uncloned

This is a cool tune!

The bass player is quite good. And so is the drummer.
I take it you are playing the keys?

What is your gear?

very interesting take on the chord progressions/relationships

bvanoudtshoorn

This is nice, Harbinger. I really quite enjoyed it. My only gripe would be that a real lead only comes in at around three quarters of the way through -- your robot synth basically sits on a note in the chord in the earlier part of the song. Still, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and it fits the track, given that there is a fair bit going on.

Nice work -- not quite your usual style (as you've noted), but still definitely a Harbinger/Aeon track. :)

Harbinger

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"'Modern Jazz' is a term already used since 1940, starting with be-bop, so a bit too vague.
Within the jazz history a piece like this would be called 'Fusion', like the music by the band "Steps Ahead".

Touche!! Heading changed from "modern Jazz" to "Fusion".