[melodic tech-trance?] Signal Chain - Aura (mp3) full

Started by psishock, November 03, 2008, 03:50:39

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

hehe, looks like i haven't managed to do this in 2008, but we have a huge update now, check the first post for details. ^^
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

Beatiful!
Must say though that I liked the melody parts most but overall a great song.
^^

psishock

hey Rakib, long time no see! ^^
I'm glad that you've liked it, also i've noticed that you're intending to Route258 compo on n2k, care to share a demo here? Im curious, what do you have at this moment. :D Don't worry, i will stay quiet about it ;), and i'm leaving that compo out, focusing on finishing my album with full power. Cylum and Icy, both are very good producers, will be hard to beat them, but hey, practice always comes handy anyway. Good luck matey.

Rakib

Did you hear my entry for the 4 strings compo? Didn't get so far with it, but my entry was the only one which can be called radio edit and not super trancy(bpm 126)

But yes I'm working on a remix for the new compo song, this time more trancy and uplifting. I will give sneak peep when the song is starting to get finished.
^^

psishock

yes yes, i've heard it. Wanted, but forgot to comment over time, but now i've managed it. :) Thought that the new compo piece was more closer to finish, oh well, i can wait. :wink:

Zaphoid

Very wide stereo sound.  I love the intro piano part.  Very beautiful.  When it drops into that plucked string part it just leaves me breathless.  Lots of different sounds flying around my head.

psishock

Quote from: "Zaphoid"When it drops into that plucked string part it just leaves me breathless. Lots of different sounds flying around my head.
sure ^^, that was the "main act" and it has many melodies flying everywhere on stereo spectrum, but i've arranged them carefully, so they don't interfere with each other or the main melody, but give a nice, warm texture like feeling. I guess the keys, for similar "warm" sounding are: unison, lfo-s, interesting wave forms, fast filters and constant automation everywhere.

Zaphoid

I don't have the patience to produce music with that precise method.  I have to simplify to keep the inspiration flowing.

Zaphoid

Quotei had to upgrade my hardware to hold up all the pretty layers and sounds. So even now, this piece barely can play realtime on my new intel e8400 core2duo, overclocked @ ~4.4ghz Very Happy (someplace cant even play fluidly with this atom reactor x)

Have you ever heard of bouncing your tracks to wave?  Do you use a DAW or just Renoise?  Mixing down your track about half way through can drastically reduce your cpu footprint.  I do it myself using buzz and Reaper.

psishock

Just Renoise, no burning need for additional DAW, i can manage to work with fairly shorter wavs like even a few pattern long vocals example pretty accurate too here, do the mastering, etc. It's a little tricky to render out any track for final, in my case, 'cause i make changes and automation like all the time in the song, even near the end, so i need to have most of the stuff in "midi" form. Noting is really fixed, even the kick, hihats, bass and the leads are changing too all the time (you can mayb spot that almost everything is automated, "lfo-ed", so routed back to the actual vsti).
I could however sometime use a temporary "freeze/unfreeze track" feature withing production, that would make listening the very cpu intensive scenes in realtime more comfortable, but that will most likely make sense when Renoise will get an inside wav-streamer feature. That way the whole wav could be picked up from anywhere within the song, dont have to play the whole pattern all the time, or do tiresome workarounds like giving an offset for every note in every single row.
(wav-streamer is most likely the only big lack of feature that would "force" me to use an actual DAW, if they manage to implement it in the next big release, you could really do everything inside, even work easily with very long, recorded live instrument sessions, or that temp freezing/unfreezing channels for reducing realtime cpu usage)

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Starts out as New Age, with an excellent forest of piano notes, that lends me to believe it's foreshadowing itself. Then the compressed rhythm introduces itself to the sonic soiree (the compression is slightly --and obviously intentionally -- too much, but makes for an excellent sonic texture that captivates the cochlea). Then the piano comes back for its scene, but dressed in a perfectly hi-passed filter. The following filterwork tries to keep the beat but eventually, everyone must regroup -- that's not good for dancing.:( But it's the composers right to give you a breath!
At 6:00 i thought all that needed to be done was done, but a reprise of the piano keeps you floating until the beat can merge into the starry melody. The next movement at 8:00 had just the right amount of energy to keep us from getting saturated. The Tech trance begins about 9:00, but the Classic Trance won't just go. The last two minutes are a nice exploration of sonic scrubbing designed to clean you of all of your daydreams, and remind you that your head isn't high, but rather your feet are low....Overall an EXCELLENT production. Here psishock's talent is overshadowed only by his skill. This is why i call him our Elder of Trance! 8)