[Oldskool] Nou Ja (XM)

Started by Sam_Zen, November 02, 2008, 03:03:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Nahkranoth

Wow! THAT LEGENDARY Oundour Honor! :D
You don't know this, Sam, but long time ago I was browsing the very first pages of Free Music Downloads just to find where it all started. In recent years someone mentioned OH in his post. I think it was cubaxd, I may be wrong though. But the links were dead already so I forgot about it.
And now the second coming LOL
After brief listening:
So after all you made a bunch of erm ...conventional things?  :D
Will listen thoroughly tomorrow.

psishock

Intresting point of view you got there Sam from music, they are really unique pieces, and i must admit, totally not my cup of tea. =)
But, that never keeps me from carefully listening and assimilating the experiences from them.

Nou Ja - Michael Jackson was my first tought :)
Small Radio Organism - some old 80's rock experience i think
Swamp Doc - nice funky piece
Swamp Femmes - the story continues
Piano Winti - well, you need to get better with pianos imo, it sounds a bit rushed and unorganized
Poco Paco - this sounds alright, fair guitar piece
Oundour Honor - i like the atmosphere from this the most, it sounds like a crazy exotic carnival.
Pharao's Bride - sounds like Pinball Dreams/Fantasies about from the second part and on, must be the chords =)
Parallel Points - this is really nicely, creatively engineered, it is fun to listen, i bet this took the most time to make.[/b]
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Thanks for the quite various comments,

2 Nahkranoth
This was a reason to update this collection, because I had published single tracks in the past, that were gone again.

2 psishock
In Piano Winti, I didn't care about the piano sound that much, it is just used to create some 'steady' environment.
So it's not rushed, but intentional. Because a 'Winti' is a Surinam wood spirit, that can suddenly pops up for a moment or two.

In the meantime I found 3 more tracks for this archive (MODs):
a) One won
b) Gathering
c) Gedreven