[Techno] Psyc (MP3)

Started by unfa, November 01, 2008, 15:26:11

Previous topic - Next topic

unfa

Psyc 05.mp3

MP3 / 160 kbps / 3.89 MB

Another one. Version 05 I think it's almost finished. What do you think?
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

Sam_Zen

The start surprised me, because it appeared to be a mix of techno and drum-n-base, but it was a short surprise.
Then it was straightforward techno drums again. The realtime eq treatment is a nice twist.

unfa

Thanks for the notice :)
Pesonally i like D'n'B and sometimes a taste of it might be sinking in to theese pieces. Do you think that I should make some brakes in the beat?
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

psishock

brakes=more attention from the listener=good thing
anything that keeps the listener from concentrating to his work and brings all his attention to your music all the time, is a very good idea imo. (as long that it sounds ok =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

unfa

That seems to be a very valuable advice. Thanks, psishock!

When I listened to it last time i noticed that it gone past very fast without attracting my attention. I could be twice shorter as it is now.

Sam_Zen

Good notice, unfa. After a piece is finished, the first question should be : Could I make it anything shorter, without losing power ?
A composer is well-trained in concentrated listening to a big number of repetitions of exactly the same.
But one can't demand this discipline from the average listener.

So either shorten things, or imply small variations in existing pattern-clones, like volume changes, or an extra hit here and there.

unfa

Thanks, Sam! Do you mean that it's a good thing to make theese clones not clones? Not complete.
I think the small changes could be sometimes unnoticed by the listener if he is not already paying attention for the music. So i need to make bigger breakes and hits to make him see theese smaller ones. And the small, silent, gentle ones are also very important for the whole composition's feel.

Am I right??  :D

psishock

Sam_Zen

psishock understands.
Instead of making pompous attention to everything, often the little things, not consciously noticed by the listener, are crucial.

psishock

A great visual example just popped into my mind :D

She is the main melody. :D She may look pretty on her own as well, but a very considerate teamwork (included background artists, stylists, photographers, technical people, etc etc), is crucial to make her look amazingly perfect on the photo shoot. They may not be presented directly on the foreground, but are near her all the time, helping as necessary, and not least, you will always experience all of their influences on the end product.

unfa

psishock:

Thanks a lot, that was unexpected but not unwelcome 8)

Sam_Zen:

No dobt that you two understands the idea. I just wanted to make sure that I understand  :D
I'am still lacking some language skills, so I need to mash any seed of confusion before it could grow up and kill me  :sheep: a monster!  :?

Or something...

Sam_Zen

No need for language confusion. You yourself showed an example of the idea in your post :
You made both the names of psishock and me bold text.
This makes no difference for the content of your post, but it reads more smoothly, elegant.