[Techno] Restoration (MP3) rythmic and melodic i hope : )

Started by unfa, November 01, 2008, 13:51:59

Previous topic - Next topic

unfa

Restoration 07.mp3

MP3 / 160kbps / 4.73 MB

This one still needs a lot of work, but I've dicided to finally takie it from the hiding  :)

It's a first time I'am giving here something from my own "studio"  :wink:

And - please! Tell my what genre/genres it could be tagged with? I am confused with it
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

Harbinger

Downloading from this site is confusing. Everytime i try to save the .mp3 to the computer (from the "d o w n l o a d" tag), it's trying to save it as an .html doc. I'm not doing that. If it's not in a sound format like .mp3, i'm not touching it...

Perhaps you could upload it to our main site?....

unfa

I tried to upload something with the modplug site, but three times it told me that token was invalid.  ::)

Strange. I have no problems with downloading from that page. Just waiting 5 seconds and clicking on download link. Anyone else has the same problem?
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

älskling

Quote from: "unfa"Anyone else has the same problem?
No... Saves an mp3 here.

Interesting sound btw, not something I'd listen to normally. I'm not sure I would classify it as a song, it feels more like a soundscape. Then again, I know nothing.

psishock

Tested it.
Try to "click" to the download link instead of copying it to your download manager. The site seems to "register" the click and gives you the mp3 file, if it don't get that input, sometimes you get that html file error. I haven't got much trouble with this site, got a nice and easy upload manager and downloads are cool also, not to speak about the stream preview option.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

No DL probs here, after removing some nagging popup window. (my browser is set to default use 'save as' if MP3 format is involved)

As for the genre, the choice of sounds could be called 'techno', but älskling has a point, as a song, there's little structure.
Some instruments are used, and just come and go once in a while as a 'showdown'.

unfa

älskling:
soundscape - what do you mean?

Sam_Zen :
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"As for the genre, the choice of sounds could be called 'techno', but älskling has a point, as a song, there's little structure.
Some instruments are used, and just come and go once in a while as a 'showdown'.

That for the good things i hope :D

psishock :

When visiting the download site for the first time it could be a bit confuzzing (too much ads!) But only for a while I think.

psishock

No confusion here unfa, i'm a zippyshare user myself =).
Also i have the ad, script, popup and flash blockers armed all the time, so downloading and visiting "these" type of sites is a piece of cake.
I just did some testing with the download methods and pointed out some of my observations.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

älskling

Quote from: "unfa"älskling:
soundscape - what do you mean?

I mean to me it seems as a piece more suitable to background music or to amplify a mood in a movie or a game than something that stands on its own. And I don't mean that as criticism, just as an observation on what genre I would define it as.

unfa

Thanks for the explanation...

I think that's good, I mean: that is my goal: to make music for games or movies.

Thank you for the posts, guys!!  :P

Sam_Zen

One could say : music is telling a story, a soundscape describes a scene.