[DUPE] X-parameter Effect Affecting Position Jump

Started by Really Weird Person, October 30, 2008, 23:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Quote from: "RWP"I did not realize that you were not native English speakers
That may be one of the biggest compliment i've ever had :D

Quote from: "RWP"So you probably did learn about it, but you used phrases that were more suited for your language as opposed to the acronym in the post.
That is correct, RWP. ^^
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, I'm English speaking, and the common term here in Australia is "Lowest Common Denominator", LCD, not LCM. :D LCMs are a type of muesli bar thing in these parts. (And yes, LCDs are a type of screen.)

älskling

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Well, I'm English speaking, and the common term here in Australia is "Lowest Common Denominator", LCD, not LCM. :D
So you always deal in fractions down under? :P

Really Weird Person

I believe that GCD is also valid. I do not recall using that particular term much, but I believe that it is indeed valid. As for the screen thing, I believe that most of them are indeed LCD, but some of the newer ones are actually LED screens.

LPChip

I'm sorry RWP, but thats not true. For TV's and computer screens, LED screens aren't used, simply because the diameter of a single LED is too big. LED screens are only used to create moving images for large screens used for say: performances on stage etc.

It wouldn't be practicle to use this for the consumers simply because this techique is usefull for large screens, but not small screens. The consumer would have to get too far away to get a good image, which usually is impossible for them.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

LPChip, i think RWP is speaking about the OLED technology which is new indeed and have a nice result even in very small screens. It's very cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

some quote from wiki:
QuoteA significant benefit of OLED displays over traditional liquid crystal displays (LCDs) is that OLEDs do not require a backlight to function. Thus they draw far less power and, when powered from a battery, can operate longer on the same charge. Because there is no need for a backlight, an OLED display can be much thinner than an LCD panel. OLED-based display devices also can be more effectively manufactured than LCDs and plasma displays.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Ah okay, a new technology. I googled for LED screen and saw what it was, then realised it uses a technique that is not yet on a small scale. Didn't find OLED searches though...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

LED is also used in screens, not for the colours but for the backlight.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

In the case of backlighting, LED is used for that also. Keyboard indicator lights for example