[Trance] demonstration (MP3) worth to c =)

Started by psishock, August 20, 2008, 23:07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

I cannot post the full vesions, nor my artist name and song names (yet ^_^), since they are made for a competition and most likely will go commercial no matter if i win or not (the record label would kill me instantly if i pre-release it to public =)

This one is finished completely:
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/36919730/file.html

I currently work on this one:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/75808246/file.html

Features ^_^:
- every song is made 100% in Open Modplug Tracker, no adittional software has been used for composition (only GoldWave in the end for cutting the demo parts)
- only used the FM8 VSTi on them (95%, basically for almost everything, leads, basses, ) and (5%) the DR-008 for percussion. (both are very powerful in my option)

In my option OMTP is as "quality" as any other commercial sequencer on the market, for me its the most easiest music production tool.
I really want to prove that it can have a worthy place beside them in "quality" and functionality. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Nahkranoth

Holy cr*p! As much as I hate this kind of music, I can say that I love these demos! It has interesting melodies and progressions in it. I often heard that everything you need is FM8. Now I'm almost sure that it's true!

I hope your label won't killed you and we'll hear more of your tracks in near future :D
Long live OMPT!  :lol:

psishock

lol it will be okay :lol: i was cautios.
FM8 is indeed the most powerful synth i've crossed for OMPT. I could make it play every sound in my head (or very close).
Trance is far from a bad genre, just unfortunetely what gets from it to unfamiliar people is mostly the most boring "comercional" or unprofessional stuff. The combinations of melodies and sound technologies of a single tune can be stunning from times to times, even for me =)  (i've allready heard possibly 50000++ of the kind in this, and other subgenres)

I'm really glad that they won your pleasure.

Sam_Zen

I refuse to register for being able to DL any file..

bvanoudtshoorn

You don't have to, S_Z. You just need to wait five seconds or so, and then the download link will appear.

psishock

Of course you don't have to register Sam_Zen ^_^. It would be totally pointless (for me 2) to upload material to sites that "forces" people to do something if they want to get the data. Even i haven't registered, just chosed it as some random "yet another" free file hosting server.

I know (from personal experience) that sometimes can be rather hard to find the "download" button on these type of sites, so in this case, one will appear after a few seconds exactly:

Sam_Zen

Thanks guys. I guess I was impatient there. Although I vaguely remembered getting another dialog yesterday.
This appears to be confirmed by the files I successfully DL'd now so far :
psi-demo - 2:46
psi-demo2 - 2:13
psi-demo3 (yesterday) - 1:44
Each also with a different content.
Since these are restricted demos, I checked the amount of pity when the listening was stopped. To me nr 3.

Rakib

Whats your artist name?
I love trance, and for me this was very nice!
Keep up the good work
^^

Saga Musix

listened to psy-demo.mp3 - impressive stuff, nice to hear something like this coming out of modplug! :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Rakib, Jojo, apologies. I've neglected this topic for a while, but did a proper introduction in general chatter. =)

Harbinger

Quick notes as i was listening...

Snare practically imperceptible, probably over-stereoized.
Needs re-engineering overall, unless the intent is to stir all the sounds together into a mist.
Love the potential, the chord progression, and the transience. Don't let this idea sleep!

mrvegas

Definitely a step above average trance -- good sound and some movement in the piece, rather than just purely repetitive loops.  MPT actually is very feature rich and easy to use.  Really the only downsides are that automation is difficult and VST implementation isn't perfect.  (I have trouble running multiple instances of any VST that relies on files other than just the .dll.)   Good luck with your label.

psishock

Quote from: "Harbinger"...Needs re-engineering overall
I agree completely ^^, i've posted some time ago the Royal 1.1 version on my introduction topic. It sound so much better, i remade the drum system and refreshed the overall structure of sounds. (heh, as i've noticed, the file hosting server nicely deleted my every post from that time, but its alright, ill just repost it when i'm finished with the work)

Quote from: "Harbinger"Love the potential, the chord progression, and the transience. Don't let this idea sleep!
Most definitely won't let this one in the dust ;), i would love to give a fresh blood to the genre, but this tune is suspended atm because i work on others.

mrvegas: thank you ^^. There are many workarounds for the OMPT automation and VST question, use the "Visualize Effect" option to make your curves more easily, use a VSTi that has graphical envelopes, try to use the Xlutop Chainer to avoid most of the VST problems. If none of the workarounds works and you are unable to produce, you can always look for alternative trackers... :lol: