I want to communicate with my synth :D

Started by Saga Musix, October 28, 2008, 18:39:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I want to change sound banks etc on the fly on my synth (just to try it out atm...) using VST2MID.
I found out that I can change between preset and user banks using midi CC 0x20 in the MIDI Learn dialog, but it's not really useful for this kind of stuff so i tried SendSX to grab the CC messages...
B0 00 3F
B0 20 40

This is sent when I switch to the preset bank. So i created two CCs and triggered them in the pattern:
|........SF2|........SF3
|C-501v00Z3F|C-501v00Z40

But nothing happens. Same with instrument select. I know that the macros are missing a "z" which should replace the Zxx codes, but i also tried it with a z and that didn#t work either.

Does anybody know how to do that using Midi CCs? :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Just to confirm: the MIDI CC macros you created had values "BK00z" and "BK20z", and instrument 01 had correct VST assigned?

Saga Musix

i created those and they didn't work. then i  modified them to B0003F and B02040 (with fixed parameter value 3f and 40 and 0 instead of K), but it didn't work.

EDIT:
Here's also a testcase with the macros on channel 17-19.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Can't you just make a 2nd instrument, assign the same VSTi and change the bank number in the instrument tab? Thats what I do.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

that's not what i'm after, sorry. i'm actually after setting THIS and NO OTHER instrument for a channel. I actually want to try out what I can do with CCs.
BTW, sending stuff on another channel doesn't really work when i'm in "performance" mode. This mode only allows 4 midi channels. channel 1 is working, channel 2-4 are not, channels > 4 are "multi" channels (general midi).

LPChip

Try the midibag vsti. It has slightly more control.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

uuuh, what do you mean? :nuts:
VST2MID is from the midibag and i don't know what other plugin you mean...?

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"uuuh, what do you mean? :nuts:
VST2MID is from the midibag and i don't know what other plugin you mean...?

Oh, I know there are 2 different plugins that do VST 2 mid. I thought you were using the other one.

Relabsoluness

Don't know if this helps in changing midi banks, but I was able to change MIDI program with macro "CKzz". The additional dummy 'z' is needed because OMPT seems to want at least 3 bytes before sending MIDI, "CKz" has only two.

Saga Musix