MFC? Compiling without it?

Started by doveraudio, October 22, 2008, 16:57:34

Previous topic - Next topic

doveraudio

Is it possible to get the source to compile without MFC? how dependent is modplug on these libraries? i was fiddling around, trying to get my favorite and most used application to compile.. and kept hitting a brick wall over this mfc thing. i think i learned a bit in the process... so now i'm wondering if there is any alternative??
i probably sound like a douche - but i was going to get involved in c++ programming, and then got contracted to learn java... but i still wonder... is gtkmm and option or some other foss gui library?

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "doveraudio"Is it possible to get the source to compile without MFC?
In short: no.

Quote from: "doveraudio"how dependent is modplug on these libraries?
More or less the whole GUI is MFC based, so I would say that the rate of dependence is rather high.

Quote from: "doveraudio"is gtkmm and option or some other foss gui library?
Switching GUI library is not a small task, and while there every now and then has been discussion about doing it, no progress in that field.

doveraudio

ah. thanks for the reply. i try not to lurk here to much, as i don't want to bug the the developers of my favorite audio software. no pun intended.  ::)