[VGM/Chiptune] BloodBrothers (MP3) Remake

Started by Nahkranoth, October 22, 2008, 08:30:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

There was a stupid game on ZXSpectrum, called "Blood Brothers". I couldn't pass the second screen and I was veeery frustrated. But this stupid game had a wonderful intro tune, which (if you have heard 3-channel music from a speccy's beeper) amazed 9 y.o. boy at that time. So after nearly 16 yrs when I played with Odo Unknown64 VSTi I got that track sitting in my head.
So here it is. The sound is not so velvet as the old beeper's one and it suck a big time :D (the original one is way cooler) but nevertheless:
Blood Brothers
After all it's just a joke, have fun :D

Sam_Zen

A great emulation. Fun indeed. The ZXSpectrum.. Ahh..
(Nice of you to mention the orig. source)

Nahkranoth

Thanks, Sam!
Forgot to mention: this VSTi is an emulation (or imitation) of SID chip, thus you can't achieve THAT Speccy sound. The sound of beeper itself is not hard to recreate, but the routines used is a different story. There are some ZX tracks which still makes me shiver after all this time. If you got a chance, listen to Robin of the wood (beeper version), North Star, any beeper tune by David Whittaker, and especially Chronos - a Tapestry of Time by Tim Follin. (OMG!!! 4 channels!!!)

mrvegas

Thanks -- I did have fun listening.  I'll have to check out the Unknown64.  I think I have a few other Odo synths on my machine, although I normally just use samples for MPT tunes.   Classic video game stuff.

unfa

You know, respect for the work, but... sounds are sometimes ripping my brain outside. Melodies would be pretty cool if just sampled and synthetized in more... gentle way :D

Or something. Nice oldschool piece anyway...
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "mrvegas"Thanks -- I did have fun listening
Thanks to you for this comment. It's hard to hear comments these days if your topic does not contain words like Techno, Ambient or Tarnce :lal:  However we always can count on Sam_Zen :oops:

Quote from: "unfa"...sounds are sometimes ripping my brain...
I just tried to imitate that little beeper, it's actually meant to rip the brains when listened thru normal speakers:twisted: But I agree with you here, I could've made it a little more gentle. Actually I've never done anything like this before (my previous try does not count), I'm usually into different type of music.
Welcome to MODPlug BTW! :cheers:

Wow! It's not meant for you, I've just found a bunch of new smilies:
:show_aars:  :zweep: