loss of text for the second time!

Started by Leo.Robusto, October 21, 2008, 20:07:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo.Robusto

Hello fellows,

there might be a problem with your bulletin board software.
I just was caught in a loss of data when I use the preview button and then
pressing submit!!!

The texct I typed just simply vanished.

I did like this:

1.) Enter Text: fotr the
2.) press "preview"
3.) vies the results
4.) press "submit"

=> the  text was lost

( I think I did not set a Subject! this might be the reason for the loss)

this a a little annoying,
it happens the second time, now,

I yust will go on and enter my message again!
, when I
The Answer is out there - "The X-Files"

LPChip

I doubt that there's a glitch in the software, but this reply will find that out. I'm going to preview it and then send it. We'll see. :)

It hasn't happened before though, so I doubt that its a problem with the software. I'd think more towards a glitch in the network or something like that.

EDIT: worked like a charm.
EDIT2: And I'm moving this to General Chatter. This is not about OpenMPT development chatter.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Leo.Robusto

Hello LPChip,

did you try to find this glitch when you have no subjet entered at the subject line?

I can vagous remember, I didn't set teh subject,
pressed preview and then submit.

Then the message vanished!

Yours,
Leo
The Answer is out there - "The X-Files"

bvanoudtshoorn

It's probably because when you hit preview, the text in the edit box takes a little while to load after the text in the preview area. If you hit submit too soon (before this edit box loads), you'll lose all of your text.

LPChip

2 Leo: Yes, I did that. In fact, I never enter a subject unless I make a new topic, but there its required, and you cannot submit a new topic without it having a subject anyway.

2 bvanoudshoorn: You could be right here. I have a very fast connection and a very fast browser too, so it loads instantly here.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

QuoteI have a very fast connection and a very fast browser too, so it loads instantly here.
bragger! :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"
QuoteI have a very fast connection and a very fast browser too, so it loads instantly here.
bragger! :P

What! I have 20 mbit download and Opera! I have all the rights to brag! :nuts:

bvanoudtshoorn

Pfft! I have a 20Mbit download and elinks! I have more rights to brag! :wink:

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Pfft! I have a 20Mbit download and elinks! I have more rights to brag! :wink:

Then start bragging!

eh, whats Elinks? :P :lol:

bvanoudtshoorn

tvdude

My girlfriend will put your girlfriend to shame- in every respect...Since we're bragging and all......
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

psishock

can she be borrowed by any chance?  :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

You want more respect?

Btw, I think my girlfriend rocks tvdude's girlfriend in every aspect. :nuts:

:lol:

bvanoudtshoorn

Pfft. You small fry with your "girlfriends". I have a fiancée! :D

älskling

Well I have a car. I don't know your girlfriends personally, but I'm pretty sure my car is cheaper and runs faster.