[Synthpop] - Final Pages (MP3) Melodic EBM/Synthpop

Started by Andy Livid, January 07, 2006, 09:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Livid

My newest melodic and catchy EBM/Synthpop song which instrumental sound has influences from old Amiga game musics. Mood is melancholic.

Song name: Final pages
Genre: synthpop
File format: mp3
File size: 5,27 MB
Kbps: 160

Link to download:

http://www.mikseri.net/music/play.php?id=181322&type=dl

There are many other good songs made with ModPlug Tracker on my artist page:

www.mikseri.net/andylivid

Thank you!

Pesho_Zmiata

Personally, i think that it sounds very professional, and that it definately has an atmosphere to it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pesho_Zmiata"Personally, i think that it sounds very professional, and that it definately has an atmosphere to it.

Thank you for listening and your opinion! :D

Pesho_Zmiata

No problem, the people who listen outnumber the people who post atleast 10 times... Ah, but thats how Modplug has always been :)

Sam_Zen

Because of the singing and the character of sounds, I have my doubts if this is a MPT-based song.
I smell MIDI here.

Andy Livid

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Because of the singing and the character of sounds, I have my doubts if this is a MPT-based song.
I smell MIDI here.

No, I make my songs only with ModPlug Tracker 1.16. I listen the music I made in ModPlug through headphones and record the singing with Wavelab SE programm. Then I just add my singing-sample as an one instrument to the tracker. And which comes to MIDI, I don't even know what it is in practise! I use different kind of VST- effects on instruments. :D I am very pleased if my songs sounds somehow non-tracker like, even I'm proud Modplug user!

speed-goddamn-focus

I sometimes get the feeling the singing is a little out of sync, but on the whole it's very good!

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I sometimes get the feeling the singing is a little out of sync, but on the whole it's very good!

i think this is intentional...

btw: i'm doing vocals the same way he does and it's pretty hard to always stay on-beat

the melody at the beginning is a little too chip-like for my taste but in whole this song is pretty cool  :D
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Sam_Zen

2Andy Livid
I'm glad my doubt turns out to be wrong. And even done with the old 1.16. I wondered :
Is this singing-sample then as long in duration as the song itself ?
Another aspect that comes to mind : If you playback the, so far, instrumental tracker to make a recording of a acoustical addition to achieve the final construction, I would recommend a try of the new OMPT RC2 version.
Because realtime playback facilities are greatly improved. Example : Smooth jump if you go to 4 patterns earlier in the pattern-bar to repeat the background for e.g. a refrain or a solo. Repeat the current pattern in the bar, until you 'let it proceed' to the next one.

xaimus

This is pretty neat!  It's definitely something that I'm keeping in my media collection.

Andy Livid

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2Andy Livid
Is this singing-sample then as long in duration as the song itself ?

For some reason my quoting don't show normally...

I make my singing-samples in a parts. It is easier to try to keep it in sync somehow with music and it's more clear to manage the song. Normally I record one sentence (1/2 patterns) at a time.

Edit by mod: enabled BBCode to allow quoting

Sam_Zen

I see. More efficient I reckon.
Maybe the quoting problem has to do with the linefeeds within the quote :
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2Andy Livid Is this singing-sample then as long in duration as the song itself ?
The nice thing about a sample with something sung, is the fact that it is a serial text-phrase.
So, with codes of MPT, one could start the sample skipping the two first words, and stop the playback after the fifth word. This gives an expansion in the potential of expression with the same one sample

Andy Livid

I haven't acquainted myself with all features of MPT, maybe someday I will...

Sam_Zen

After years I'm still not acquainted with all features, simply because some of them I didn't need so far. Why memorize the dictionary ? It depends on the personal needs of the composer which tools are frequently being used, which rarely and which almost never. Frequently used commands and order of things will memorize. It takes little time for kids to select the enter-key if they need it.

In this particular case, of selecting words from within a phrase-sample, an example : By By Politicrats ver5

Check the effect-codes to get a selection. Entering values of e.g. the 'skip'-code has to be find by experimenting, because this depends on the chosen note. Cutting off the sound after the last chosen word of course can be done by placing a zero-volume or the code to stop the playback of the sentence, at a certain point.

This how I learned MPT in the first place - load a piece of somebody else and analyze : How was this done ?

Andy Livid

I removed the background hiss on my song Final Pages! Now this better quality-version can be downloaded at the link on the first message of this page.

Thanks!