fretful VST question

Started by psishock, October 10, 2008, 12:23:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Quote from: "Jojo"Modplug was created when these CPUs were still very common. It wasn't too comfortable to use on my 133Mhz machine, but yes, it worked, and it even works on a 486. Just without the VST stuff... :lol:

No,no,no, you misunderstood.....

CPU in the sense of processor speed -- "clocks", or "ticks".  We use the term as an alternate to "processor cycles."

Saga Musix

i'm not sure if i got you..
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

It seems like you or psishock misunderstood what i meant when i said "If i do run into playback skipping, i can mute the VSTi track and i get my CPU back, but any unmuted VST or VSTi channels grab my CPUs..."
Then you said "when CPUs were still common." I don't know if CPU is an acronym for something else, but i meant it in the sense of clock ticks in one's processor, y'know, processor speed.

uncloned

CPU = central processing unit

CPS = cycles per second

???

Saga Musix

Don't misquote me. I never said that "cpus were common", but "these cpus were common" - and with that, i meant fast cpus versus slow cpus (as psishock was surprised that it works on a 100 mhz cpu).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

I just took the quote right off the post, and didn't alter it. I wasn't even sure what you meant, which is why i thought i misunderstood. But if i understand you, you didn't misunderstand, i misunderstood and thought you misunderstood. Now i understand how i misunderstood, as i understand it.... :D

Saga Musix

you didn't quote correctly, you missed one very important word:
QuoteModplug was created when these CPUs were still very common
and "these" were cpus like the 486er or pentium 1.

Harbinger

"These", "those", "this", "that", "the other" -- it doesn't matter, Jojo; no matter how what quantifier you used, i still didn't understand you, and i thought that led to psishock thinking something else. No other explanation is necessary. I'm sure you have more important things to worry about....