Change username?

Started by Rakib, October 09, 2008, 21:22:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote"you are missing a font, do you want to install?"
i sure hope you're not using Internet Exploder :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

His still a proud Opera 9.60 user of course, i went from that to Chromium Nightly a month ago, or so.
But LP is referring to his split personality :nuts: that takes over his body on the regular, daily job =). He is using IE there with many other browsers to test his codes. Also, i can tell you that on many "official" places are still just the IE available for browsing the net. LP was surely referring to those ppl, that are bored on workplaces, and cannot stand to go home before checking the modplug forums and comment some of the recent topics there. ;)

@älskling:
You've made my day, i waked up with a huge a lol. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Heh - at work, I installed the nightly build of Firefox (codenamed "Minefield"), and enabled the TraceMonkey JS engine, which is the new one in development. It beats the pants off, well, anything, including Chrome. I could then brag to my boss that I'd increased the speed of our web app by at least 50%! :D

psishock

Is that so, bvanoudtshoorn? =)
Will test it right away and check, how's it fitting my needs.

bvanoudtshoorn

Make sure you enable TraceMonkey. There are instructions on this site. Oh, and none of your addons will work. :) But it sits quite happily alongside a normal Fx installation.

Edit: Put in a better site. :)

psishock

I don't need addons. =)
I'm using third party applications for mouse gestures and for adblocking example, so i can share every setting i make on all browsers.

For some little time after testing, all i can say is: Oh my! :o, their new javascript hack is speedy. I miss some of the Chromium features from the Minefield, but i like the idea of having smoothscrolling, full zooming, not just text zooming. I hate that is taking a lot more desktop area that Chromium, but i'll c what can i trash from those toolbars and buttons. Hmmm, overall looks promising.

Saga Musix

i won't go anywhere without my adblock and my noscript <3
:nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

That's why its cool to have these features cared by third parties =)
I could not live without mouse gestures also.

bvanoudtshoorn

I had a go playing with mouse gestures. But then I couldn't be bothered, 'cos my mouse has got a couple of extra buttons which I use for the most common commands (like back/forward). And I have both hands on the keyboard probably around 80-90% of the time, anyway. :D

You should add FlashBlock to your list. :D

Rakib

Quote from: "psishock"That's why its cool to have these features cared by third parties =)
I could not live without mouse gestures also.
Which programs?
Sometimes I need IE for compability issues, but I hate all the ads. If I could get rid of that I'd be happy.
^^

psishock

check this topic:
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=2573.0
i've listed every third parties that i'm using atm for browsing.

LPChip

Is it me or was this topic about changing your name? :P

Anyway, Yes I'm an opera user, but am limited to IE6 at work unfortunatelly. Although I have admin privleges on my pc and thus can install anything, I am forced to work with our intranet site which runs on MS Sharepoint, and indeed, its not compatable to anything other than IE :P

Yes, I'm screwed. Although I can mimic the look and feel in Opera quite well, a secondairy application we use doesn't work at all. It has somekind of secure java login box which just doesn't pop up at all in opera. That basically prevents me from using it entirelly.

Oh, and the missing font message is from windows itself, not the browser X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

i don't get missing font stuff in Fx :P

QuoteIs it me or was this topic about changing your name
how did you come up with that? :nuts:

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"i don't get missing font stuff in Fx :P
And you probably also have Chinese and Japanese and dunno what else installed or simply don't visit other pages than English?

Quote from: "Jojo"
QuoteIs it me or was this topic about changing your name
how did you come up with that? :nuts:
I dunno... I think my cat jumped up the desk, moved my mouse to open notepad, then jumped hysterically on my keyboard so the words "Don't forget, it was about usernames" appeared on the screen.

Yes, yes... I hear you thinking: Thats impossible. I guess I indeed don't have a cat :nuts:

Perhaps it was the topictitle... or a dream. Yeah, it was a dream about the topic title :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Jojo"i don't get missing font stuff in Fx :P
And you probably also have Chinese and Japanese and dunno what else installed or simply don't visit other pages than English?

I don't have chinese or japanese charsets installed, but i don't get a notification anyway :P I never got one with firefox, to be precise. only with IE in the old days... And Sam posted some strange characters here, so that was the ultima test. :P