.52 "Solo" in Channel manager does not solo

Started by Saga Musix, October 02, 2008, 19:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
not tested

Description of the bug:
wrong behaviour or just a wrong label? The "solo" button in the channel manager's first tab does not solo the selected channels, it merely unmutes them. So all previously unmuted channels remain unmuted.

It's actually hard to decide how this should be solved IMO:
-Rename the button to "unmute"?
-Leave the button as "solo" but fix it,  change the "mute" button to "mute/unmute" or maybe "invert"?

Edit: Not sure what was going wrong here, closing it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

O.o i've deep tested it, the function works perfectly for me. Jojo, it must be some local problem i bet.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

It some kind of works, yes. But what I'm complaining about is:
-When you solo'ed some channels in this dialog and solo some other there, the old ones remain unmuted, while those which have been unmuted by clicking on the channel header will be muted.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

While writing up the Manual page for this, i also noticed this odd behavior. I couldn't figure out exactly how this was supposed to work. I thought Solo meant all others were muted, and only ONE channel could be Solo'ed. But you can Solo multiple channels. And UNSolo and UNmute channels!

Then i found Red meant the channel was muted, but green and gray were unmuted. Perhaps the logic should be, left-click to Unmute (green), right-click to Mute (red), using the same logic as the FX plugin tab.

Maybe Solo means, "We'll record on this green channel, and play back, but not record on, the other unmuted channels (gray), and not play the Muted channels (red)."

I don't realtime record, so i don't know if this is the intent here, but I DEFINITELY could use a follow-up.