1.17.02.52 C-5 Freq for XM files on "info" t

Started by Saga Musix, September 30, 2008, 15:37:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
yes, all versions

Description of the bug:
in the XM format, you can define a different C-5 frequency than 8363(+finetuning), just like in the IT format. most of you should know that as the "Transpose" dropdown list is also available in .xm format. However, The information on the info tab only seems to be affected by the finetuning option. so all samples seem to have a c-5 frequency of about 8000hz each, even if c-5 may well be at 44khz.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
create a xm module, load some HQ samples into a sample slot and look at the info tab.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

This is an interesting bug, because I suspect that it partially goes as it should. I only think that for instance, the drop down area should be disabled entirelly. I know that XM has a different way of doing it than IT files.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

you're actually wrong (goddamnit, why do you claim stuff that you don't even know about? you suck! :P)

fast tracker has both the tuning and the relative c-5 note. (which is c-4 in ft :P)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"you're actually wrong (goddamnit, why do you claim stuff that you don't even know about? you suck! :P)

fast tracker has both the tuning and the relative c-5 note.

Well... Someone's gotta do it? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs